Replacing serpentine belt and tensioner 2002 Conti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Several of the write ups I went through on line showed them jacking under the oil pan with a wood black to get that needed 1-2" lift. Some said they did it w/o touching the passenger side motor mount nuts. Others said they loosened them until only a few threads remained engaged. I even went through one Utube video where the guy said this job was a piece of cake...and he didn't jack the car. But he did remove the inner wheel well cover and degas bottle. He must have had tiny hands and a special tool to access that tensioner bolt.

I think when I changed my motor mounts I used a 2x6 block of wood under the trans pan since the trans pan is more easily replaceable if it gets damaged. Turns out the trans pan came through just fine. The 2x6 spread the force out nice and evenly.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I think when I changed my motor mounts I used a 2x6 block of wood under the trans pan since the trans pan is more easily replaceable if it gets damaged. Turns out the trans pan came through just fine. The 2x6 spread the force out nice and evenly.

Good to know. I'll make note of that. In looking at how the oil pan is buried under there, that's a big job.

I posted a video above of one guy doing the job with closeups of the tensioner area and jacking it up. It makes a lot more sense know after seeing it close up and reviewing all the details.

I watched the guy's video. Seems very easy from my perspective. I'd get a very high quality Torx socket and whatever accessories I needed to go along with it to make the job as easy as possible. I'd first check to make sure the bolt is cleared out with a pick before I put my socket into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back