Replacement speakers.

The Rockford is a 3 way and the polk is a 2 way - i would typically go with the larger cone but the larger tweeter array may negate any advantage.

Sensitivity slightly better on polk.

Honestly, neither and give the

Infinity Reference REF-8632CFX​

Serious consideration in that price class.

I seen them Sonic electronics even less than that, Amazon has them all four for 99

See I listened to the rockfords I like the way they sounded, friend of mine offered to give me his amp, since one of my speakers were on its way out and I had to replace my speakers anyway, he's giving me a JL Audio XD600/6v2 amp. So I'm trying to match up 6x8 or 5x7 speakers, and a 10" subwoofer. On a fixed income.. LMAO but I'm also looking to do it right the first time.. I'm not looking to buy a $29 10 inch subwoofer off eBay.. so I was thinking about the rockfords for $200 a Rockford enclosed sub for about $125. Then I'll just wait until I have the money to have it all installed. So that's what I'm trying to do.. If you have insight please go ahead, I have never done this before.. the only thing I have ever done, is replace head units and speakers. And the last one I've done has been at least 15 years. I can't do any of it anymore. I have a back that's pretty messed up. And breathing problems...

Last edited:
See I listened to the rockfords I like the way they sounded, friend of mine offered to give me his amp, since one of my speakers were on its way out and I had to replace my speakers anyway, he's giving me a JL Audio XD600/6v2 amp. So I'm trying to match up 6x8 or 5x7 speakers, and a 10" subwoofer. On a fixed income.. LMAO but I'm also looking to do it right the first time.. I'm not looking to buy a $29 10 inch subwoofer off eBay.. so I was thinking about the rockfords for $200 a Rockford enclosed sub for about $125. Then I'll just wait until I have the money to have it all installed. So that's what I'm trying to do.. If you have insight please go ahead, I have never done this before.. the only thing I have ever done, is replace head units and speakers. And the last one I've done has been at least 15 years. I can't do any of it anymore. I have a back that's pretty messed up. And breathing problems...

I might be a little late to this thread but I'd recommend the rockford fosgates! I have the prime 6x9" series in my civic and they are awesome! Very sensitive to input and accurate! Not to mention loud. Deep bass, so if you're thinking of getting a sub from them I'd say you wouldn't be disappointed. Lots of bang for the buck as they say! I'm on a budget too and you don't have spend a lot of money to get something that sounds great! Fosgates have really advanced in the last couple of years. hope that helps ya! I enjoy my fosgates!

I might be a little late to this thread but I'd recommend the rockford fosgates! I have the prime 6x9" series in my civic and they are awesome! Very sensitive to input and accurate! Not to mention loud. Deep bass, so if you're thinking of getting a sub from them I'd say you wouldn't be disappointed. Lots of bang for the buck as they say! I'm on a budget too and you don't have spend a lot of money to get something that sounds great! Fosgates have really advanced in the last couple of years. hope that helps ya! I enjoy my fosgates!
Good that's what I ordered!!

Good that's what I ordered!!

Awesome! Can't wait to find out what you think of them! I was blown away with how far Fosgate has come over the years. I know they're now using a computer design system, Klippel I think it is called. It has really helped from the fosgates of the early 2000's. These now are definitely so much more accurate! I love them... I've been in car audio a long, long time. Heard a lot of speakers.. and for the money I love em..

oh and remember.. breaking them in is something you'll need to put up with.. they start out flat, tight.. in a couple weeks they loosen up, bass gets deeper and more accurate. Midrange mellows a bit..

Thank you for the input. Yeah I got to have somebody.. do the install for me in a couple weeks.. I will have to update then..
Ya I was reading that.. sorry I'm over here in Michigan otherwise would love to help ya get that installed.. sure no problem, glad to help ya out with the opinion.. sure update when you can.. no problem

I’ve been a long-time fan of Polk, but I’ll say try something not Polk. Their “sound” lately, even in their higher end stuff, is driven to impress in the showroom but becomes shrill and sort of “punchy” once it’s in a real car. I’d pay half the money for cheaper pioneers and wager you’d get twice as good sound quality.

so for you, get the other ones.

bass response is extremely difficult to predict in a car door. Good speakers rely on matching the speaker with the properly sized and tuned enclosure. The oem has the advantage… they can spec a cheap speaker with a signature which works with their door based on both calculation and trial and error; to work around this - doors make horrible speaker enclosures. The speaker you hear in a showroom can’t predict that - and they are put in sealed wooden boxes with the bass and treble turned up “for effect” to sell speakers. You can get a better idea of mids and highs response, but not as good for lows. The oem speakers in so many cases will offer better lows these days as they are figuring this out. aftermarket so often now seem to just demand a sub.

The Polks are much clearer. Any Pioneer Premiere or Focals? Go with those. I'd highly suggest an amp to run the speakers with a stock head unit.

I am having 4 Rockford Fosgate speakers put in the doors of our Rav 4 replacing the factory speakers and an under the seat subwoofer. The place is doing it for me this coming Wednesday, the 8th.
I'm getting older but, I still enjoy a good sound.
(Long as it's not hip hop or rap, that is)

I am having 4 Rockford Fosgate speakers put in the doors of our Rav 4 replacing the factory speakers and an under the seat subwoofer. The place is doing it for me this coming Wednesday, the 8th.
I'm getting older but, I still enjoy a good sound.
(Long as it's not hip hop or rap, that is)
Are they the Prime series of Rockford Fosgate?

I suggest finding an efficient pair of TRUE 6x8 speakers. The considerably smaller 5x7's that have tabs to fit are no upgrade.

Yes. The R1675's.
Awesome.. I have the R169X2 (6x9" prime version, 2-way).. I think you're going to love the Prime series! It does take about a week or two of listening until they break in, they're a little "flat" sounding until then and bam! The sound opens up and I'd say for the money they're the best I've heard in a long time! The sound is crisp, clean, detailed without being harsh. The bass is deep without being muddy. And sensitive enough to be paired with a factory radio's amp.

Definitely let us know what you think!

I have it narrowed down to these two,

Polk Audio DB 572 or Rockford Fosgate P1683​

they will be going into my 13 Ford Edge, I will be running the stock head unit, with the 4.2 inch screen. I will be running a JL audio xd600 V2 6 channel amp. No subwoofer right now. Does anyone have any input on these speakers? And what would be best? Thank you..
The polks hands down. Not sure if they are still made in the USA. Pioneer and mtx are Also a great speaker. If you want to drop some coin the Pioneer Premier component speakers can be had on close out for sometimes a killer deal Focal and MB Quart are also amazing. The Rockford Fosgates are so-so from what I've seen.

Awesome.. I have the R169X2 (6x9" prime version, 2-way).. I think you're going to love the Prime series! It does take about a week or two of listening until they break in, they're a little "flat" sounding until then and bam! The sound opens up and I'd say for the money they're the best I've heard in a long time! The sound is crisp, clean, detailed without being harsh. The bass is deep without being muddy. And sensitive enough to be paired with a factory radio's amp.

Definitely let us know what you think!
Oh I will. Thanks for all the info!
Appreciate it!

I would just go to K-mart and get a set of Krako 6x9's :cool:
Back in the day Jensens were the way to go. :D
il_340x270.3786761439_mvt6.jpg

Back in the day Jensens were the way to go. :D
il_340x270.3786761439_mvt6.jpg
Yep. Had the old reliable Jensen 6x9s in my rear window of my 1970 Nova.
Round Jensens in the front kick panel.
Medallion under dash 8 track tape player!
Rockin' out!
(Eventually switched up to an under dash Pioneer cassette player. It actually sounded
very good), for what it was.

Back