Replacement horn

LDB

I want to replace the PATHETIC oem horn on my new 2024 CR-V. I'd be embarrassed and ashamed if I was Honda. Anyway, I have a mental image of a stock horn for most cars. I presume mine is the same. Any suggestions of a good replacement that size/shape so it just swaps out? Personal experience would be great. Any Honda techs that can tell me just where to find the horn? Thanks in advance.

Put Hellas in my Civic.

Horns.JPG

I bought a FIAMM brand horn for my wife’s 2008 Pontiac Solstice 2.0T last year. It came with only 1 low tone horn and was very weak. Adding the FIAMM high tone made it sound like a modern two tone horn should sound. Not overly loud or obnoxious but definitely a big improvement! FIAMM is and has been a major supplier to the American car companies for many years and made in America. On Amazon $15.45.

look for a high-end Accord horn, perhaps from a Touring model and replace it

i've replaced on both my Hondas their stock horn with the V6 Accord horns

super happy with the results

We put Hella's in my son's Forte. Recommended to put a relay in due to extra power demands.

I replaced my Accord horns with ones from an Acura TLX. Basically plug and play also a couple posts under that about the Denali Sound Bomb.

College Hills Honda also has some upgrade versions. Check by model.

You just need to see how and where yours mounts.

And I think the Hella's might be a bit louder with that European type sound. The Acura ones have more large car luxury sound IMO if that makes sense.

Heck for $26, you could give these a try with the Honda connectors. Unscrew the factory bar mount and put on these.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for all the great replies so far. I've got several good suspects to pursue now. I appreciate the help and look forward to what further suggestions come through.

The horns in my f150 are the best stock horns I’ve owned. I was just thinking of this yesterday because my wife’s new RAV4 horn is … embarrassing. Two oem ford horns would sound strong without trying to be something else.

“Relay up!” For the power.

The BEST horns I had was a mix of 4 or 5 oddballs I picked up over the years and stacked into an old Subaru legacy along with an Oooga horn. One I literally picked up out of the gutter on some street. Ooogas don’t make much noise but since none of the tones matched it sounded awful, like horn vomit. I learned to use it sparingly because it startled folks… was too much, not necessarily because it was loud but because it was awful.

I also bought a 2024 CRV a few months ago. The original horn sounded like a motor scooter.
They only installed a single - high tone horn. It's a matter of saving a few dollars, that really add up with the number of units sold.

Most customers will not complain. Until they try to get someone's attention, and fail.

The upgrade cost about $30 with these from Amazon. Simply add the low tone horn.
The instructions at College Hill Honda, mentioned earlier, are helpful. Installation is much easier than the Civic pictured earlier.

Edit: You will need to splice the wires between the new horn, and the add-on harness. But no cutting/splicing of the vehicle's original wiring will be needed.

Last edited:
Back