Replace Megs Hybrid ceramic wax?

Is there anything out there which will provide easy application with improved protection and durability compared to Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax? This is the actual wax on wax off product, not the spray. I'm not unhappy with this product but my truck is old and my life is busy so reducing the number and frequency of waxings would be very beneficial.

Just used Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating (G210300) as I am in the same situation as you are where time to spend waxing is not as frequent as it once was.

I felt the price on this was a bit high but Meguiar's has been a name I trust for many years and I was not disappointed. It is wipe on, wipe off product and easy to apply and remove. The price is offset by the inclusion of the surface prep spray as well as 2 microfiber towels and an applicator pad. Also, I only expected to get 1 car out of the kit, but as it does not take much product in application I can easily get 2 cars and quite possibly 3.

Any number of fairly durable spray waxes out there so long as you don’t expect miracles on the durability front.

I’m pretty satisfied with Optimum. It lasts maybe three months with gentle hand washing. But then, it only takes 15-20 minutes to reapply.

Just used Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating (G210300) as I am in the same situation as you are where time to spend waxing is not as frequent as it once was.

I felt the price on this was a bit high but Meguiar's has been a name I trust for many years and I was not disappointed. It is wipe on, wipe off product and easy to apply and remove. The price is offset by the inclusion of the surface prep spray as well as 2 microfiber towels and an applicator pad. Also, I only expected to get 1 car out of the kit, but as it does not take much product in application I can easily get 2 cars and quite possibly 3.
Easily one of the best 1+ year coatings on the market.

Is there anything out there which will provide easy application with improved protection and durability compared to Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax? This is the actual wax on wax off product, not the spray. I'm not unhappy with this product but my truck is old and my life is busy so reducing the number and frequency of waxings would be very beneficial.

I've been driving since 1987 and messing with cars (washing, waxing, etc.) since before that.....

I've recently entered the 'hybrid ceramic' liquid wax era, bought myself a bottle of the Meguiar's HCLW stuff and I think it's the easiest, best wax/protectant there is. I've never seen/used anything easier, that's faster/more efficient/etc.

I'm not sure what miracle unicorn you're looking for.

I have used two spray products from turtle wax that are very amazing and the only reason im not using them now is because I fell into a free stash of collinite stuff. Anyways becuase you are in michigan an not in a southern heat belt, you can get excellent durability from Collinite 845. I would hold it up to retail consumer ceramic sprays any day for real world use, and it goes on the easiest of any liquid wax. In hot beating sun rays, no it does not last as long compared to ceramics.

As of now, Turtle Wax has outdone themselves with two products as mentioned above, here they are;

Hybrid Solution Ceramic Wax Spray Coating:

Pros:
-Better Shine, very awsome durabilty, good beading, and overall not bad to apply. Price is awsome for the added shine.
Cons:
-2 or 3 bucks more than seal n shine, can give a mottled spotty look if applied too thick, but not to worry, 48 hrs later or one or two washes will correct this issue. Must throw out the buffing rags and applicator pads when done as it does contain enough ceramic to scratch the next car if you reuse them. Takes 48 hours for the coating to reach full gloss level.

Ice Seal n Shine Hybrid Sealant Spray Wax:

Pros:
-A notch better durabilty to envirmonmental liquids, current formula is easier to apply, and it was a chemical miracle to the retail market. It may even cross over into the pro market, but many wont admit it. Very long lasting approx 3-4 months if used on a daily driver. Longer if on a garage queen. In the real world, this may be the very best and longest lasting spay.
Cons:
-If you want extra dripping wet gloss from your paint, this wont do it for you, and you really cannot top it with anything as you defeat its purpose. I find it one notch less glossy than the hybrid ceramic, and also fine it takes approx 48 hrs to reach its full gloss potential.

Technicians choice 582 ceramic detail spray
Easy on easy off
$40 per gallon.
My cars have never been easier to wash.
First application is on a clean dry car.
Maintenance applications can be done when drying the vehicle.
I will probably do 2 dry applications per year once at start and once at end of summer. Then 2 wet applications one late fall and one early spring.

I have also used the Turtle wax ceramic hybrid solutions spray.
Its nice but I found it to be a little harder to buff the haze vs tech 582

I've been driving since 1987 and messing with cars (washing, waxing, etc.) since before that.....

I've recently entered the 'hybrid ceramic' liquid wax era, bought myself a bottle of the Meguiar's HCLW stuff and I think it's the easiest, best wax/protectant there is. I've never seen/used anything easier, that's faster/more efficient/etc.

I use this as well. My cars stay a lot cleaner in the salty winter than before. It sheds that stuff right off.

It’s easy to apply as well. Use a couple micro fibers for drying your car so it doesn’t smear when applying.

I haven’t hand waxed in two years and my cars look just as good as if I had hand waxed.

Technicians choice 582 ceramic detail spray
Easy on easy off
$40 per gallon.
My cars have never been easier to wash.
First application is on a clean dry car.
Maintenance applications can be done when drying the vehicle.
I will probably do 2 dry applications per year once at start and once at end of summer. Then 2 wet applications one late fall and one early spring.

I have also used the Turtle wax ceramic hybrid solutions spray.
Its nice but I found it to be a little harder to buff the haze vs tech 582
Tec582 is a great value. Performs very well for what it is. I thought about trying their coating (Tec580) just out of curiosity.

Many say Megs Hybrid Paint Coating is one of the biggest sleeper products out there. Will hang with Can Coat easily.

Give Mckee’s 37 hydro line a try. I use the hydro blue in my shop followed by Turtle Wax wax and dry as a drying aid and then top it off with a detail spray like say Mckee’s graphene, bead maker, or Titan from Phoenix Eod. If you simply apply the topper each time you wash your car as a sacrificial layer theoretically the base coat will last indefinitely.

I want to give some follow-up on the Mequiar's HCLW after a few uses and few months-

It's the WORST product I've ever used, as far as durability. I used it per the label specifications and the beading might have lasted 3 weeks. That's maybe ONE wash in the three weeks, maybe a couple of rain showers.

Conversely, I tried some Chemical Guys' similar product and it is far superior to the Mequiar's product.

I am not a "fan boi" of Chemical Guys, I assure you I have spent far more of my money on Mequiar's products in my life and have been satisfied but this stuff is a complete loser.

I second the McKees Hydro either Graphene or the Sio2 - I use them on my own cars and get about a year of beading without an issue.

I want to give some follow-up on the Mequiar's HCLW after a few uses and few months-

It's the WORST product I've ever used, as far as durability. I used it per the label specifications and the beading might have lasted 3 weeks. That's maybe ONE wash in the three weeks, maybe a couple of rain showers.

Conversely, I tried some Chemical Guys' similar product and it is far superior to the Mequiar's product.

I am not a "fan boi" of Chemical Guys, I assure you I have spent far more of my money on Mequiar's products in my life and have been satisfied but this stuff is a complete loser.
Most, if not all, the big box store (and even most boutique) spray on wipe off Sio2 products won't last more than a few months.

You need to step up to a lite coating if you want more durability and don't want to reapply. If you wash your car often, just reapply the Megs HCW. Or step up to Can Coat, CQuartz Lite, Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating, Fusso99, FK1000p or a true coating.

Among the Sio2 spray sealant retail brands, the Griot's 3 in 1 has the most durability.

Just got home from being with my son, DIL and grandkids. Washed the car yesterday to get the road salts off after the winter storm we had. I had used the Griots a few months earlier and after the wash it was still beading water like the day I applied it. The car does stay in the garage when we're not using it. I was , and still am, a big fan of the TW Spray and Shine but the Griots is just as easy to use. I'm sure keeping it in the garage is a big factor for the longevity.

I have used two spray products from turtle wax that are very amazing and the only reason im not using them now is because I fell into a free stash of collinite stuff. Anyways becuase you are in michigan an not in a southern heat belt, you can get excellent durability from Collinite 845. I would hold it up to retail consumer ceramic sprays any day for real world use, and it goes on the easiest of any liquid wax. In hot beating sun rays, no it does not last as long compared to ceramics.

As of now, Turtle Wax has outdone themselves with two products as mentioned above, here they are;

Hybrid Solution Ceramic Wax Spray Coating:

Pros:
-Better Shine, very awsome durabilty, good beading, and overall not bad to apply. Price is awsome for the added shine.
Cons:
-2 or 3 bucks more than seal n shine, can give a mottled spotty look if applied too thick, but not to worry, 48 hrs later or one or two washes will correct this issue. Must throw out the buffing rags and applicator pads when done as it does contain enough ceramic to scratch the next car if you reuse them. Takes 48 hours for the coating to reach full gloss level.

Ice Seal n Shine Hybrid Sealant Spray Wax:

Pros:
-A notch better durabilty to envirmonmental liquids, current formula is easier to apply, and it was a chemical miracle to the retail market. It may even cross over into the pro market, but many wont admit it. Very long lasting approx 3-4 months if used on a daily driver. Longer if on a garage queen. In the real world, this may be the very best and longest lasting spay.
Cons:
-If you want extra dripping wet gloss from your paint, this wont do it for you, and you really cannot top it with anything as you defeat its purpose. I find it one notch less glossy than the hybrid ceramic, and also fine it takes approx 48 hrs to reach its full gloss potential.
TW Ice Seal & Shine still for me ... Best value ! After application I'll wait several days then lightly wash with Meg's Gold Class Wash , then dry with a final damp buff using a microfiber cloth to bring out the max gloss potential you are going to get from the Seal & Shine .

Back