Repair Rusted Rocker Panels Without Welding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen rusted vehicles in Florida from salt fog when near the coasts. Usually it's more top down rather than bottom up as up north. I'd probably just take a hose and flush it out well and after drying shoot in a heavy amount of spray rust stop and then follow that with a lot of Fluid Film-good luck

I am leaning towards cutting out the rust and using slip ons….depending on complexity of removing running board mounts. I will start soaking the bolts to try to get them freed up.
The more I read, the more it seems as if this part is more cosmetic than structural, and a means to protect the more structural portions. If I cut out to use slip ons, I could have better access to treat any rust behind the rockers, and as some have suggested, get some undercoating protection in there.
Regarding boat launching, this is my boat towing vehicle, but never have the truck backed in further than the rubber of the rear tires in contact with water.
I have glass and epoxy reinforced some rusted areas in the troughs of the roof at the front of the vehicle, not sure if this is Florida damage or Connecticut damage

How would the panel adhesive bond compare to spot welds install? I have never used it.
Seems a lot easier if it is a dependable installation solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back