Repaint or replace faded wiper arm?

This should be an easy cosmetic fix on the Kia…
Could I repaint this arm or should I just replace them to have it match the driver side one? What kind of paint would I use to have it match and not look glossy or anything like that? They are about 80$ for both oem wiper arms… seems kind of steep for a cosmetic issue lol

Anyone about to cross the same bridge as I’m about to cross here? How was your outcome and what did you do?

Thanks for the feedback!

FE00E328-7DC7-4F2F-80EB-D8CD6B88AB4B.jpeg
AE371908-4B90-4FD6-9E4A-EA2C2A25ED9F.jpeg
35C78E46-63A9-4E1E-A2DF-7690B3539325.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't buy new ones. I've always just painted mine with a flat black paint. I didn't get too picky and I didn't pull them off of the vehicle. You can but I didn't. I used a tiny sponge brush with some flat black paint. I have bags of these things.

However, if you want to do a nice job, pull'em off, sand'em & repaint'em with a spray can of your choice.

I used Rustoleum Rust Converter which dries black then finished with flat paint.

I did the same with seat hardware in Sis' Jeep which had rusted. It made the interior look great, believe it or not.
Black is better than rust.

Repaint. When I had Hondas, they all had this issue and I would remove, sand, prime and repaint with a Rustoleum rattle can.

I once owned a Mazda RX-7 that the wiper arms were anodized and looked very worn after a just few years, I pulled them off, lightly sanded them and used a flat black high temperature BBQ or exhaust system spray paint, They turned out great and held up for a few more years until I sold the car.

Is it the “quality” of the OEM part that results in one needing to repaint or is it weather related wear and tear?

Would applying a clearcoat after repainting prevent this from re-occurring?

Is it the “quality” of the OEM part that results in one needing to repaint or is it weather related wear and tear?

Would applying a clearcoat after repainting prevent this from re-occurring?
I tend to think they get kind of "sandblasted" while driving..... It's super common.

I wouldn't use Rustoleum Flat black, it fades to light gray really bad. I'd use the Rustoleum Professional High Performance Enamel.

If you're worried about them matching remove both wiper arms, sand them and give them both a rattle can paint job. Personally I'd probably use a flat black.

Back