Rental, small moving truck?

I need to move my tool box and some PA household goods from PA to FL. I need a small truck, a touch larger than a van, but not the size of a home moving truck. Whoa man are they expensive. A 12 foot truck (no dual tires) from one company is $5K after taxes, one way. That's absurd. Other companies are just over $3K plus taxes.

Any thoughts on a less expensive alternative? At this point, I might as well purchase my own moving truck...
Fullsize cargo van won't work? Enterprise and Hertz rent them with unlimited miles. Do you have a vehicle that could pull a trailer?

Wow, that's an interesting idea. I wonder if a 4 day trailer rental would work out. I drive the trip regularly. My guess is that it would add up to the same and I'd do more driving. But ya never know.

My tool box is North of 2000 pounds, plus the home goods are heavy too.
The U-Haul 6x12 ramp trailer will carry 3700lbs. (Full, it's 6Klbs.) The 6x12 BOX trailer will carry 2500lbs.

I moved my stuff into storage with a 15 foot Uhaul local truck. Was tempted to drive it to FL, but it belonged to the local storage center. The truck was full, and I would have been really tight to fit my toolbox.

I think I will look for a used truck for purchase.

Back