Rental Review - 2019 EcoBoost Mustang

Would be a cool swap in an 84-86 SVO Mustang.

I like the powerband of the ecoboost and don't care for the lag and top end rush of the overly big high HP turbo swaps. Needs EFR turbo!!!!!!

I'd consider this engine in an F-150 4wd manual transmission or even the 10speed auto, especially if it can get the hybrid boost.

Sick what they can do with bottomless wallet:

Would be a cool swap in an 84-86 SVO Mustang.

I like the powerband of the ecoboost and don't care for the lag and top end rush of the overly big high HP turbo swaps. Needs EFR turbo!!!!!!

I'd consider this engine in an F-150 4wd manual transmission or even the 10speed auto, especially if it can get the hybrid boost.

Sick what they can do with bottomless wallet:

That's pretty neat, but we were reliably getting 740HP from 1745cc 4 cylinder engines in 1983. And that was half of what BMW was getting from their 1.5L engines!

3v with an auto is terrible from a roll😂, i owned a new 2007 5 speed and it was great at any speed .

OP, thanks for the review it reminds me that once this world has returned to normal that I need to visit my local ford dealer and test drive all the new mustangs.

3v with an auto is terrible from a roll😂, i owned a new 2007 5 speed and it was great at any speed .

OP, thanks for the review it reminds me that once this world has returned to normal that I need to visit my local ford dealer and test drive all the new mustangs.
That makes sense. I've put a few in the rear view mirror in the CX5 and it struck me as odd. Probably a dead zone for them.

Thanks for the review OP. I’ve often wondered if one of these with a hardtop would make a fun DD!

Thanks for the review OP. I’ve often wondered if one of these with a hardtop would make a fun DD!
The issue is the outdated engine. Carbon fouling is horrible. One of my friends has to change plugs along with oil. Its wild. 7-10k mile plug life before LSPI and pinging.

Back