Remy Alternator,,new not rebuilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came upon this thread after recently getting a new remy alt for my 2005 Ram 2500... I get the new unit out of the box from Rock Auto. I spin the pulley and feel and hear a very light catch at one spot. I have always been under the impression that there should be nothing but smooth, quiet operation of the pulley. No customer assistance at Rock Auto. My question- install or send back?

Originally Posted by trod
Came upon this thread after recently getting a new remy alt for my 2005 Ram 2500... I get the new unit out of the box from Rock Auto. I spin the pulley and feel and hear a very light catch at one spot. I have always been under the impression that there should be nothing but smooth, quiet operation of the pulley. No customer assistance at Rock Auto. My question- install or send back?

What's the warranty on it?

Just bought and received in the past week- warranty not an issue. Don't know if there will be any shipping or re-stocking charges. Never had to return anything to Rock Auto.

Originally Posted by trod
Just bought and received in the past week- warranty not an issue. Don't know if there will be any shipping or re-stocking charges. Never had to return anything to Rock Auto.

I was thinking if it had a decent warranty, I'd probably just run it. If it failed in the warranty period, send it back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back