Removing a hex bolt that is in tight

JHZR2,

Congrats on mission accomplishment! Did the removed bolt have Loctite on the threads?
Not that I could tell… but maybe that “thicker” residue on there was the 100M? It never leaked either. It will get primer and 243.

85371A23-7457-4645-83A0-4F9182CAF37E.jpeg

Not to be argumentative. My '92 300D had red stuff on the threads, not blue. I remember cleaning peices out of the hole threads with a pick.
I live by blue with motorcycles. Red I only use when called for in a manual because it's, like, not supposed to be easy to remove.
Well the documentation for the product that the FSM says to use (Omnifit 100M) indicates that it is red.

But it’s the same as 243 which is the modern variant and more oil resistant, which is important since this is a hole through the block.

948A78F8-CC1A-4583-8D00-F1312F1DF840.jpeg

E1450F8F-F9CB-484F-A68A-A73652D330E2.jpeg

Stronger and easier than a Time-Sert in this situation, that bolt doesnt need to removed to many times in the cars life.
Edit: If that is in an oil passage you are best using a spiral fluted STI Heli-Coil tap. Lots of them online, these are just an example.

This is why it is better for this type of hole. Yes they can be used by hand.

Last edited:
Stronger and easier than a Time-Sert in this situation, that bolt doesnt need to removed to many times in the cars life.
Never used one. Started a new thread on what I did wrong and how to fix.

:(

Back