removed for relative anonymity

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point in getting your panties in a knot if you haven't talked to them about it. Go over and have a good old Hank Hill talk with them and see how it goes.
The pantie comment was only for effect :ROFLMAO:

No point in getting your panties in a knot if you haven't talked to them about it. Go over and have a good old Hank Hill talk with them and see how it goes.
The pantie comment was only for effect :ROFLMAO:
Loool! I am in it to win it is all I can say. That's why I have avoided it.

What happened? I'm more interested in that than the OP's mole hill of a problem.

Live with it. If they're bringing you cookies, why not bring it up then???

I wonder if you feel like a creeper because you're actually being a creeper. I have a ton of land I COULD hang out in near my neighbors. I don't.

/

What's up with all of the reading comprehension issues today? He clearly mentioned having had a survey done.

/

Forfeiting his land due to this issue: laughable!!!
Oh F OFF BRO. Spending 2 minutes performing a measurement on my own land isn't creeper time. No reason to release the PITS!!

Cookies because they don't want me to bring this up, LOL!!

Tracking on the rest haha.....don't be beating me up today!!

Pretty reasonable. I just don't know how they are going to react. Such a wildcard. I think that they created this scenario so that they can exploit it.

That disposition might be an indicator of how they respond. I could be wrong of course.

I see it going 2 ways. They were either making an honest mistake or being jerks and thinking you’ll not call them out on it. If it’s the latter and you don’t, they’ll continue to push what they can get away with knowing you won’t stand up for yourself. Try just being nice to start and hope it’s an honest mistake.

Oh F OFF BRO. Spending 2 minutes performing a measurement on my own land isn't creeper time. No reason to release the PITS!!

Cookies because they don't want me to bring this up, LOL!!

Tracking on the rest haha.....don't be beating me up today!!

I mean no disrespect at all! You clearly stated here that each time you go over to that area they let the dogs out.

RE: cookies: sounds paranoid

I see it going 2 ways. They were either making an honest mistake or being jerks and thinking you’ll not call them out on it. If it’s the latter and you don’t, they’ll continue to push what they can get away with knowing you won’t stand up for yourself. Try just being nice to start and hope it’s an honest mistake.
Seriously,
I mean no disrespect at all! You clearly stated here that "every" time you go over to that area they let the dogs out.

RE: cookies: sounds paranoid
Ok, so I measured against the Plat several times just to be sure. I put a plastic pin out there several months ago and King of the Hill comes out and mows over it. I ran out there and called him out on it...he said oh is that what that was. He was apologetic.

Cookies....yes paranoid...that crap goes in the garbage!

Adverse possession requires that they are also paying the taxes for said portion of land and that no one else is rightly laying owning claim to it. No way that would apply in this case.

If it bothers you enough, you either need to inform them of the issue, and/or pay for a survey and fence.

Adverse possession time varies from state to state. They only pay taxes on it once they take the land. If they haven't taken the land yet, then you can just give them permission to do it that stops the clock from ticking. Once you give permission, it can be revoked at any time.

Adverse possession time varies from state to state. They only pay taxes on it once they take the land. If they haven't taken the land yet, then you can just give them permission to do it that stops the clock from ticking. Once you give permission, it can be revoked at any time.
I had actually read that. It is 15 years in Virginia...a relatively long time.

We can keep rolling actually. Title and contents removed.

Right!

I've been in my house for over 20 years. The neighbors on both sides of me moved in after I was already here.

When the time was right, I politely showed the neighbors on both sides where the surveying pins are located, just so everyone knows exactly where they are at. There have been no issues since. As a result... no one mows my yard, and I don't mow theirs.

When I was in college, and mowing yards to pay the tuition bill, I picked up an account and the one neighbor was totally anal about the property line. He would poke the thinnest little dowel rods into the ground (wherever he felt the property line was on that particular day), and then run string between the dowel rods. It was intended to be the world's flimsiest fence. If he felt that I had gotten too close to his line of sticks (as in anything less than a foot), he would be out in the yard, red faced, screaming, and threatening to call the police on me (can you imagine the poor officer that would get to respond to that one?). The owner of the property was a elderly lady who had lost her husband. She was very up front about the situation, and warned me that it would happen.

It takes all kinds.

This thread reminds me of my dad. He wasn't paranoid but hated that his neighbors wouldn't rake their leaves...ever. He put up the ugliest orange mesh along his property line to catch all of the leaves. It was super effective, but made both his and the neighbor's property line look absolutely ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back