Remove surface drag after 6 month wash

Okay so the baggie test. Most men hate condoms due to the lack of feel. I've never done this baggie test on a car before. Doesn't sound like it would work. Maybe I need to try it.

Surface drag is just that. Wash your car. Take a cotton towel or chamois and simply wipe across the panel. Very tough to push a towel across. Maybe I need a microfiber? o_O:unsure: LOL

Dawn soap will strip wax off a painted surface. If it works on crude oil and baby ducks............

Okay so the baggie test. Most men hate condoms due to the lack of feel. I've never done this baggie test on a car before. Doesn't sound like it would work. Maybe I need to try it.

Surface drag is just that. Wash your car. Take a cotton towel or chamois and simply wipe across the panel. Very tough to push a towel across. Maybe I need a microfiber? o_O:unsure: LOL

Dawn soap will strip wax off a painted surface. If it works on crude oil and baby ducks............

It is up to you whether you want to try it or not. I just gave you the idea because you posted on here with your issue. If you think it won’t work you can argue with Mike Phillips who has decades of experience in auto detailing.

Posting for advice and then making smart *** remarks on advice people offer to you doesn’t go very far here or anywhere.

Good luck.

Crude oil is not cured wax. Dawn does nothing to remove wax.

Good tip for those driving through wax museums I guess.
I don't understand this reply.

You said, "Dawn soap will strip wax off a painted surface. If it works on crude oil and baby ducks............"

And I replied directly to let you know that dawn will not strip cured automotive wax. Why are you talking about wax museums?

It is up to you whether you want to try it or not. I just gave you the idea because you posted on here with your issue. If you think it won’t work you can argue with Mike Phillips who has decades of experience in auto detailing.

Posting for advice and then making smart *** remarks on advice people offer to you doesn’t go very far here or anywhere.

Good luck.
Tried the baggie test. Bag made more surface drag. I didn't expect much from it. Back to the drawing board.

What "back to the drawing board?"

You need to clay bar your paint.
Wondering if my Purple Power and the long time between some Turtle Wax is just leaving raw paint. If I apply Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell it returns back to full slickness. Beads back to full speed again.

Wondering if my Purple Power and the long time between some Turtle Wax is just leaving raw paint. If I apply Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell it returns back to full slickness. Beads back to full speed again.
Just do the tw every 3-4 months then. I think it’s kind of a cleaner wax my father uses it still he’s 71 always leaves the car feeling slick

Tried the baggie test. Bag made more surface drag. I didn't expect much from it. Back to the drawing board.

There's nothing to "expect"! If there's no drag the surface is not contaminated, if it does then it is contaminated. You've been told multiple times the answer is to clay the paint either with a bar or mitt. Why do you ask for advice and then totally ignore it?

There's nothing to "expect"! If there's no drag the surface is not contaminated, if it does then it is contaminated. You've been told multiple times the answer is to clay the paint either with a bar or mitt. Why do you ask for advice and then totally ignore it?

I have a hunch that he used the baggie to clay the surface. I don’t know what else to think.

Or, 🎣

Back