Relay/Relay Socket Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody tell me what the proper socket connector is for the shown Bosch relay and socket combo? I'm pointing out a couple details and features that may help identify the required type of connector. It should be a connector that locks securely into place. The one shown below does of course not lock into place.

relayandsocket.jpg

slot.jpg

slot2.jpg

connector.jpg

To clarify: I have to know what type connector I need that will snap and lock properly into the Bosch relay socket. It should look similar to the connector I show in my above post, but would of course be for a larger gauge (10-12 gauge) wire. It would not need the plastic insulation, because I want to solder the wire in anyway, but it MUST have a locking tab that matches the design of the relay socket.

If I understand your question correctly, you want a .250" male faston terminal. The ones for 10-12 gauge wire have a yellow collar.

Last edited:
I know the blue one is only for 22-18 gauge. Yellow would be correct for 12 gauge if I wanted the collar. I really want only the metal connector. The collar is useless if I want to solder the wire in. I find female connectors with locking tab only for Ford and GM. The generic ones don't have locking tab. If you look at this image you can see the type connector with tab I need. I just don't know which one will fit a Bosch socket and nobody carries Bosch connectors.

These connectors have the required locking tab that secures the connector in a standard Bosch relay socket:

maker: HERTH+BUSS
part number: 50251418

I took a picture that shows the locking tab clearly. In order to remove such a connector, you have to push down the locking tab via a slot from the top of the relay mount with either a small flat screwdriver or with the available HERTH+BUSS tool.

hb50251418.jpg

Last edited:
Well, get a camera that has a decent macro feature. If your camera focuses through the lens, get a + 1 or +2 diopter lens that fits the filter thread on your camera's lens. Then you can go even closer.

I used about 10 gauge (I used a metric size). All connections were soldered.

hey i have one of those sitting on my comnputer desk. its a boach unit too. i have the connector and socket and its pre wired. i dont remember where i got it though.

Mori,

Thank you for your cleanliness. Of all the photos I have seen you take that has your hand in the photo (assuming you aren't using a hand model), they are free of grit and grime. I've seen stuff published in magazines that show dirty, filthy fingers at close range that just gross me out.

e015.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back