Redline sI-1 boroscoped I week later!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what their secret sauce is other than high amounts of PEA?

SECTION 3: Composition/information on ingredients
Chemical Name CASRN Concentration
Distillates, petroleum, hydrotreated light naphthenic 64742-53-6 Polyetheramine 224622-34-8 Distillates, petroleum, hydrotreated heavy naphthenic 64742-52-5 Naphtha, petroleum, hydrodesulfurized heavy 64742-82-1 4-6
Fatty acids, reaction products with alkanolamine and alkyloxide PROPRIETARY 1-2.49
2,6-Di-tert-butyl-p-cresol 128-37-0 0.1-0.24

Last edited:
I emailed Dave from redline and asked him that very question. I assume you are right, w/o naming names those pics came from a guy who ran a bottle of something that reported an even higher % PEA, and yet his piton tops had zero "visible" cleaning with said product. Clearly this pour in works, I'm sure there are others that work out there, but this stuff is priced pretty reasonable so why take a chance, unless you can verify via youtubes and boroscopes. It is a cool time where we have capabilities to visualize the claims made by fuel additives. If you can't get video or even pics of the cleaning by neutral people = no thank you I will buy stuff that has been proven.

Burla,

Glad to hear the SI-1 is performing well, it's benefit is through the use of a range of detergents including PEA.

Regards,

Dave Granquist

More pics will be coming with in weeks, stay tuned. I will post whatever the result is, good or bad.

Amazon stupid low price on this stuff for 89 bucks a case of 12! I bought the same exact case on sale for 102 bucks. I showed my brother in law and friends these video's, so they bought some of my stock off me, lol. Man I'm gonna regret not getting this deal. I just can't store this item, I still have 3 bottles left.

Originally Posted by painfx
Any update on the results?

Probably within 2 weeks, I will post them whatever the results are.

unexplainable results, but I said I was posting whatever came back. Seams worse, only way this happens is bad gas, dunno.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by burla
unexplainable results, but I said I was posting whatever came back. Seams worse, only way this happens is bad gas, dunno.

Nah, there are other ways it happens. Lots of them.

Pretty sure this was a similar outcome of the chrisfix series of fuel additive testing. Some cleaning and some depositing. The only way to make sure your combustion chamber is clean is to do a piston soak and to suck the gunk out. Even then it's not perfect.

As always I will update when I get it, this isn't settled yet as far as what it will take to clean those up. I'm sure he will try again.

his plan is to take a tank off and try again next year, I will post whatever the result.

Originally Posted by CC1981
After I boroscoped my 5.7 Hemi in my 2013 Ram 1500, I found what I consider to be excess carbon on the pistons. I ran a can of Amsoil power foam, 1 tank of Amsoil PI, 1 tank of SI-1 (1.5 bottles to cover the 32 gallon tank). Ran that last tank down to about 1/4 then filled up with 20 gallons of gas and another bottle of SI-1. When I went to leave the gas station the truck hesitated on initial acceleration. Just be careful how much you put in the tank because you can put too much in.

Going to fill it up with straight gas when it hits 1/2...

There are instructions on the bottle. What you have done is overkill.

I wouldnt put anymore then every 3k miles.
You can add half bottles every fill up that’s not over kill especially in a lot of city driving high and low rpm’s. I micro dose with this every fill up with great results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back