Redline sI-1 boroscoped I week later!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see this posted in forum so I thought I'd post it. This was the first time posting anything about sI-1 for me, man this stuff worked incredible on a 250k mile engine and one week with one bottle. I can only imagine how clean they will be with regular use. Um yeah redline has something special, no suprise there most of their stuff is?

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/SkiQmG-cQXM?t=210[/video]

Ebay trend auto sells 12 pack case for 93 bucks, this one seams popular at hemi forum 51 bucks for 6, and one guy on ebay seals 4 pack for 39 bucks. I would imagine a 4 pack used over a couple months will clean your pistons up nicely. I also know that sea foam done though vac lines will do similar job if not better, but does nothing for injectors that way. PEA will clean injectors better then a solvent if you choose to use solvent through gas tank, but through vac lines solvent is very successful, just a little more work and a little more risk. Chris fix tested many pour in cleaners and sea foam through vac lines, none had this success except sea foam though vac line.

I would say regular use might mess up a uoa, there was a point where I was using this every tank, and my oil smelled very chemically that oci dump. So after that I changed my strategy, I usually use it for two tanks an oci towards the end of the oci. Despite using it every tank for an oci, the oil wasn't thick at all, just had that weird smell. And until now I had no clue if it was doing anything but the warm fuzzing feeling a UCL does. Now I have a pretty good idea it does work. Redline sI-1, UCL and injector and piston cleaner. peace, B

Story time - I once had an old honda I bought with 100k miles,
I ran b12, and other cleaners and end result was my egr was clogged.

cleaning the injectors is what I aim for now
eek.gif

Use 1 full bottle to a full tank of fuel then only a few ounces in every full tank thereafter. It is made for and recommended for continuous use but not a large amount every tank.

I've used this stuff for several years now but more as annual maintenance. Back in the day, I had several old cars with over 150K miles on them and used BG44K which seemed to work well smoothing idles, giving faster starts and getting a bit better gas mileage, etc. Then it seemed BG changed the formula (less PEA?) and it didn't work near as well. A forum user put me onto Redline's SI-1 and it worked very, very well (better than BG44K for my needs) so that's what I use now with good results.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by burla
Didn't see this posted in forum so I thought I'd post it. This was the first time posting anything about sI-1 for me, man this stuff worked incredible on a 250k mile engine and one week with one bottle. I can only imagine how clean they will be with regular use. Um yeah redline has something special, no suprise there most of their stuff is?

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/SkiQmG-cQXM?t=210[/video]

Am I missing comething? Seems like there's no "before" picture or video, just the "after". Having both would be far more useful, because we lack an objective method to see if anything happened otherwise.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Great stuff.

I'm guessing zero benefits using it in an engine with direct injection ?

Someplace on here we have reports indicating that Redline (May have been the old redline before they got bought out) made claims that some constituents survived combustion and could clean the valve system through the PCV. I find that dubious for emissions reasons, but am happy to be wrong.

Others now do sell purpose-specific DI cleaner, very carefully worded to imply it cleans the system, but stops before claiming it can clean the valves. I have to wonder how much deposit ends up on any modern injector...

Originally Posted by Greggy_D
It'll still clean the pistons but probably bypass valve cleaning.

And possibly the top of the first upper ring land.

The video shows the pistons (4) first and they were caked and then he put in the sI-1 and drove a week, I'd say he got 50% of carbon out of all of the cylinders and one cylinder he got maybe 90% out of. If you compare that to the chris fix's boroscope's, no pour-in had similar results, only sea foam through vac lines. Of note fix didn't do amsoil pi or redline at that time but he said he was gonna, I would assume with the % of sds that amsoil pi would have similar results. Now there is a pour in with a legit chance at removing the carbon. That's all I got, gl Burla

I use 1 bottle of Redline SL-1 every 3k miles. Not sure if the Redline SL-1 from eBay is legit or not, but that is bargain price. Amazon sells them $14+/bottle.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
JHZR, seems like your vid did the same thing as mine... burla somehow had the link made so it jumps to like 3:32 of 4:04 available. Click back to the start, there is before and after.

Yes, good call, thanks!

Interesting to see this. Wonder if, going back to the DI discussion, the DI operation prevents such buildup on the piston tops.

After I boroscoped my 5.7 Hemi in my 2013 Ram 1500, I found what I consider to be excess carbon on the pistons. I ran a can of Amsoil power foam, 1 tank of Amsoil PI, 1 tank of SI-1 (1.5 bottles to cover the 32 gallon tank). Ran that last tank down to about 1/4 then filled up with 20 gallons of gas and another bottle of SI-1. When I went to leave the gas station the truck hesitated on initial acceleration. Just be careful how much you put in the tank because you can put too much in.

Going to fill it up with straight gas when it hits 1/2...

thanks for posting, let's post some results WHEN we get them either way bad or good, whatever they may be. By then we will figure out the pics thing.

Does anyone know how to post pics here? He could leave a link to another forum, but if he could he can post them here. Do you have to upload to BITOG? It will either bolster the results of the first post, or stand in opposition, time will tell. He has the before pics, but he can't figure how to post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back