Redline SI-1 as UCL & regular additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
StevieC,

I/ve been using SL-1 much more than Lucas with better confidense over all. Lucas works but you have to over dose he gas tank to see/feel any difference especially in an 4 cylinder engine. Since
Redline is an all in one product it's better on my wallet.

Durango

Durango- Are you using the SL-1 in each tank of gas? If so how are you dosing it? Thanks!

I know the Red Line SL-1 cleans really good. Dare I say there isn't anything that can clean better than it. As I mentioned, when I ran it in my wifes neglected high mileage SUV it fouled out every single solitary spark plug completely! When I took them out they were COVERED in [censored] like you wouldn't believe! So that stuff works crazy good for cleaning.

But my question is... does the SL-1 lubricated the upper cylinders like the Lucas does? Also, does MMO do that too? or no?

Another good thing about Lucas and MMO is them lubricating the Fuel Pumps. This is a really nice bonus and it most especially comes in handy if you're breaking in a brand new or upgraded Fuel Pump (something I did, and used MMO to help, which it worked wonders for).

But does the SL-1 lubricate like the Lucas and MMO does? I know it cleans and cleans WELL! But I'd like to run something in my gas that can lubricate the upper cylinders and Fuel Pump too.

Last edited:
I was pretty sold on the SI-1 as a maintenance additive until I did some poking around and ran into Terry's comments in this thread:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=306196&page=2

I'll be interested to hear if the Red Line "shows up" on your UOA, Steve. I'm basically done w/ fuel adds in my car for the time being, but am anxious to try FP+ in the wife's rig when I run out of TCW3.

Last edited:
I'm loving this SI-1 and I'm looking to see if I can buy the gallon size instead of the bottle because I burn a ton of fuel in the week and the bottles are a PITA.

Anyone know who carries it on the shelf in the U.S. that I could look up a store in Buffalo?

I don't think my Redline supplier will order it for me up here.
frown.gif

Sorry it's a 5 Gallon size... Just checked the website again.

60106 - SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner - 5 gallon

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Sorry it's a 5 Gallon size... Just checked the website again.

60106 - SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner - 5 gallon

Perfect for a group buy. Everyone bring your empty gallon jugs to the party.
cheers3.gif

Oh wait, I don't think I want to know what a 5gal pail of anything made by Redline costs.

StevieC,

I've used it and found it to be better than Lucas. This is only because it cleans inside my engine and contains an UCL as well. I also believe Gumout/Regain contains a simular additive.

Durango

Has anybody noticed that SteveC uses that "head under the chair" too many times?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Has anybody noticed that SteveC uses that "head under the chair" too many times?

Yeah, he's a little nuts about that
27.gif

I'm sorry. I should have been able to resist, but I couldn't

Last edited:
i hope this isn't hijacking or anything, but i used to grab these
from canadian tire but they no longer carry it.

where else can i grab these from now?

There is a little racing shop called JRP here in Mississauga that carries a nice range of Redline stuff, pretty sure the SL1 is in there too lookem up and give em a call if thats not too far for you. Just off the QEW around Erin Mills or so. Thats where I went for Redline trans lubes when I had my old Toyota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back