Redline Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 95 Toyota 4x4 w/22RE and 129,000 miles. It was using around a qt every 1,000 miles and just didn't seem to run as well as I expected it to. So I did the Auto RX treatments and switched from Mobil Drive Clean 10W30 to Mobil 1 10W30. The RX treatments really did what they said they'd do as far as cleaning up the engine. It also took care of the pecking noise and it hasn't returned. I really didn't see much difference in the consumption issue and I even tried the mix with 3 qts 10W30 and 1 qt 15W50 to help solve this mystery. It never has leaked nor smoked at any time. Finally, I ordered some Redline 10W30 from a supporter to this site and have been amazed at the difference in performance and consuption. After over 1,000 miles the oil is still clean and it's full on the dipstick. Starts easier and seems to run better with good oil pressure. I know it's not cheap, but I really like my truck and would like to get 250 to 300,000 miles on this engine. So far with Redline and a 3oz dose of RX, I'm satisfied that I've found the right product for my use. Redline also makes a great Fuel Additive that I've been using. Mileage went from 18 to 24 mpg in 4 to 5 tankfulls and has stayed consistant. I truely believe Redline Oil is everything they say it is. I guess you really do get what you pay for.

Rando,
Are you going to analyse the oil to see what your change intervals will be? What are you shooting for as far as mileage? I'm currently using M1 10w30, but Redline was a choice I was considering. Just curious.

Toy4X4, I'm not really sure yet what I'm gonna do as far as oil test or change intervals. Just kinda watching to see what happens as far as consumption goes. I'd like to go around 4-5,000 miles before a change. I drive around 100 miles a day to work and back 5 days a week so we'll see how things go. I will post back after a few more miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back