Redline D6 ATF for Dex VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
So nothing to note... I asked for ANY credentials and most people who self justify should be able to provide! And my night is going well.... always good when you need a good laugh. Thanks for obligering Mr Wolf.

Originally Posted By: N2OIL
So nothing to note... I asked for ANY credentials and most people who self justify should be able to provide! And my night is going well.... always good when you need a good laugh. Thanks for obligering Mr Wolf.

After more than 5000 posts on this board, I'll just say that WhiteWolf is very credible regarding ATFs. I've talked to him offline and he is very knowledge and his credentials speak for themselves. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Quote:
I just don't need to justify myself here

That's kind of the problem. You post as if you have inside knowledge and speak from a position of authority on the topic, but you never offer what qualifies you or specific information to back what you are saying. It's just a bunch of vaguarities.

I don't expect you post your name and exact position at your employment (though it's not hard to guess your employer, direct or otherwise), but there are several engineers here on this board that have garnered credibility without having to do this either. Specificity is key on this board.

So if asking for something to back what you are saying is "calling you out", so be it.

Have you considered that some people here may be bound by employment contracts to limit their disclosures? I am in that situation regarding any type of automotive development. So, I have to be careful and would never disclose my place of employment or industry related credentials. I'll simply talk in generalities. Just makes sense.

BTW, Whitewolf is correct about the DexVI formulation approved by GM. They are very anal about this new fluid because of the differences in the internal geometry of the 6 speed transmissions and will control the licensing for the formulations very closely. Also, I will not tell you how I know this to be true. But it is because GM won't risk getting a bad rap on their new 6 speed that they warranty for 100k.

Quote:
Have you considered that some people here may be bound by employment contracts to limit their disclosures?

Yes. Consider my second paragraph.

Quote:
I'll simply talk in generalities.

That's fine, just don't expect everyone to blindly believe what you have to say.

Originally Posted By: Tempest

That's fine, just don't expect everyone to blindly believe what you have to say.

I don't think anyone expects that. Whitewolf has given enough specific information about Dex VI and the licensing arrangement to explain plenty of why's and how's. He strikes me as vastly more credible than the boutique-fluid peddlers.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

After more than 5000 posts on this board, I'll just say that WhiteWolf is very credible regarding ATFs. I've talked to him offline and he is very knowledge and his credentials speak for themselves. You'll just have to take my word for it.

So 5289 and? If post count is some how related to the intelligence indicator I guess I can't find my 6 with a GPS. The secret of job title is? Let me give an example...I am a systems engineer in product support for the largest bussines jet manufacturer in the world. I have also worked with numerous branches in the military and sorry the super secret card won't fly. I didn't ask for his phone number at GM. The grey area works ok unless he is out of crayons then a #2 lead pencil will do. There is over 18,000 members on here and everyone has an opinion.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

So 5289 and? If post count is some how related to the intelligence indicator I guess I can't find my 6 with a GPS. The secret of job title is? Let me give an example...I am a systems engineer in product support for the largest bussines jet manufacturer in the world. I have also worked with numerous branches in the military and sorry the super secret card won't fly. I didn't ask for his phone number at GM. The grey area works ok unless he is out of crayons then a #2 lead pencil will do. There is over 18,000 members on here and everyone has an opinion.

Evidently he's very knowledgeable about Dexron-VI and is an engineer, so I'll let you connect the dots.

I personally don't think that anyone needs to post credentials.
But, when making a recommendation, one will hope that the member posting has experience with that recommendation.

BTW, just because someone is an engineer doesn't make them perfect. These same engineers produced those leaky intake gaskets, bad balljoints, sludge monsters and all those TSB/recalls............ which kinda ruins the resume. I have more respect for the R&D guys in the aftermarket solving those issues.

Originally Posted By: unDummy
just because someone is an engineer doesn't make them perfect.

Want to bet? Just ask my Mom.......LOL!

Originally Posted By: unDummy
BTW, just because someone is an engineer doesn't make them perfect.

true
we pay warranty on our screw-ups
doctors bury theirs.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back