redline as an additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
question.
Would using redline oil as an additive to my reg oil PP, show benefits. I am wary of frankenblends. I have a 4qt sump I was thinking of adding half a qt of redline to pp.

has anyone tried this?
I am trying to keep cost down while improving motor protection.
I have not tried this yet, Iam just curious if anyone else use redline oil in this mannor.

thanks.

Originally Posted By: hyperscion
I am trying to keep cost down while improving motor protection.

Why do you feel that PP isn't protecting your motor adequately? Do you have any data to support this feeling?

howdy, no, I believe pp is one of the best oils in its price range.
my thinking is this, Redlines ester base might give a little additional mojo to grp 3 oil.

The add pack of redline with higher moly,zddp levels is nice.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
A while ago, this was a popular idea on this board.

Now, not so much......

+1

To the OP, I think a 50/50 mix would yeild some nice/interesting results. 1 qt OTOH wouldn't do much IMO.

Originally Posted By: hate2work
Adding Red Line to PP would be a "feel good" move. You will not be "improving motor protection" by doing so.

We can't be sure either way without some good testing. It may be completely better, completely worse, same, or better in some ways and worse in others.

There is no way that adding Red Line will be completely worse. I am running Red Line Race Oil as a blend in all of my vehicles for better mileage and less wear per UOAs.

I'm running 1 quart of Motul Ester stuff with the Mobil synthetic in my diesel.

Makes sense in my mind.

hyperscion- I think what scurvy is so eloquently trying to say is that, until we can compare UOAs on the same vehicle with and without Redline used as an additive with PP oil, any ideas we may have about whether it will have any positive effects are unsupported. I would recommend that you go ahead and try it and run a few UOAs with and without this combo and see what you find. As an added bonus, you'll be silencing some smug people.
48.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back