Red Mopar Coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years ago, when I owned an 05 Chrysler Sebring Convertable, I purchased a gallon of Mopar coolant. Never opened it. Sold the convert long time ago, but still have the gallon of coolant. (this is NOT the premixed stuff). A few days ago, I decided I was going to change the coolant in my Lincoln, so I opened the Mopar jug, and saw that the Mopar coolant was RED.

What is this stuff? Can I mix it to the old style Green?

Last edited:
It's the same as Motorcraft Premium Gold or Zerex G-05, it just has the red dye in it. It "could" be mixed with conventional green, but it would cause a strange color and lose its long life change interval.

Checked the coolant in my 2010 SHO thinking it would be the Ford yellow. Found it was Green. Don't know when Ford changed the color but will ask my dealer first chance I get.

Just wondering if it is the same as the Mopar Red or the Ford Yellow.

Was at my dealer today. Asked parts manager about the color difference. Said that now, they have this "new" green coolant. Different part number than the yellow/clear coolant. Told not to mix it with the yellow.

Its bad enough when there are so many coolants out there for the various car manufacturers, but now, Ford has at least four different coolants out there.
My Continental takes a GREEN, which I think is the old green.
Fords of just five years ago take the YELLOW.
My Taurus takes the new GREEN.
A while back, one of the Mercury's used the ORANGE (DexCool??)

This whole coolant thing is just plain stupid. Now if I want to get the correct fluid for my Taurus, I have to buy a gallon of the new green ($22+ a gallon) as I can't use the Yellow ($20+) or the old green, or the Mopar red and the little bit of Honda Blue, that I have stored in my shed. STUPID!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back