Red Bull "Plane Swap" Fails Miserably

Seems strange they bothered to do this in the US at all? Mexico isn't that far away and I assume far easier to make these types of arrangements!

Good question. I was wondering the same thing. Red Bull is usually much more professional than this.

After the FAA denied their exemption, they had 2 good choices:
1. Try to convince the FAA by making a better case
2. Try to get permission to do the same stunt in Canada or Mexico

Instead, they made a bad choice.
The FAA can't stop you from doing something, but they sure as heck can make you WISH you didn't do it!

There are a lot of really cool stunts to perform, this to me is very uninteresting. Complete waste of an aircraft, and frankly is going to have lasting implications with new stupid rules being written.

I remember seeing films from the early day of flight planed being flown into barns, wing walking etc.

Some of you know this, but for those who don't:

A suspension means your license and all your endorsements & certifications are temporarily suspended. After the suspension period you get them all back.

A revocation is more serious. It means means your license and all your endorsements and other privileges are gone: private, commercial, instrument, ATP, etc. If you want to be a pilot again, you'll have to go through the training and earn them all over again. And that is possible only if the FAA allows you to reapply - which they may or may not do.

Back