recommended drain interval for Amsoil w/filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
recently switched from royal purple 10w30 to amsoil

engine - 95 GM LT1 350, 82k miles

oil - amsoil 10w30

filter - amsoil sdf25

driven ~20k per year in florida

what would you guys recommend for my drain interval?

[ September 14, 2003, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: got_hp? ]

For an accurate answer more information is needed: Type of driving (I would assume lots of highway). Does the car use any oil?? Most important though is what have the previous sample/samples (if any been showing). What have been you oil changing frequencies up to this point?? I wouldn't goo more than 8-10K without a sample. Amsoil boys will hoefully give better information
smile.gif

welcome.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Type of driving (I would assume lots of highway).

id say 60-70% highway.........but i do tend to drive it hard weekly, its got performance mods, so i have a heavy right foot.
quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Does the car use any oil??

never loses a drop
quote:

Originally posted by Al:
What have been you oil changing frequencies up to this point??

ive owned the car one year now (~20k miles), and every 3k i change oil and filter.
quote:

Originally posted by Al:
I wouldn't goo more than 8-10K without a sample. Amsoil boys will hoefully give better information

yeah, im not looking for anything super long...........i just want to know if maybe somewhere in 5-10k is safe. thats fine with me.

I do 10K on all 3 of my cars and all 2 of the other people I take care of (Pastor and Hairdresser) Amsoil always and analysis at 5k then again at 10k when I change it. the oil has always checked okay at 10K.

I would step up to an appropriate long interval with analysis as suggested by others.

I rarely recommend going beyond 7.5-10K first time with no analysis. Just in case no hidden engine problems.

I personally like 20K after settling in with 5K filter and top ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back