Recommendations for my 1988 Ferrari Testarossa.

I’d use M1 5W-50/15W-50 without hesitation for “easy to get” oil. M1 5W-50 carries Ford GT40, Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA and probably Porsche approvals. If Ferrari OKs 5W-40 for a vintage Testarossa, PP Euro 5W-40 with the Ferrari endorsement could work.

Else, Red Line 5W-50/15W-50/10W-60/20W-50. You get the best of both worlds - lots of ZDDP and an POE/PAO base.

I’d use M1 5W-50/15W-50 without hesitation for “easy to get” oil. M1 5W-50 carries Ford GT40, Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA and probably Porsche approvals. If Ferrari OKs 5W-40 for a vintage Testarossa, PP Euro 5W-40 with the Ferrari endorsement could work.

Else, Red Line 5W-50/15W-50/10W-60/20W-50. You get the best of both worlds - lots of ZDDP and an POE/PAO base.
Just to be CLEAR, there are no such things as Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA and Ford GT40 approvals. Nissan GT-R is actually filled with M1 0W40. It is just recommendation. If you actually know anything about these “approvals “ and what they consist of, we are all ears.

Just to be CLEAR, there are no such things as Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA and Ford GT40 approvals. Nissan GT-R is actually filled with M1 0W40. It is just recommendation. If you actually know anything about these “approvals “ and what they consist of, we are all ears.
Mobil1 5w-50 has Lexus LFA service fill status without actual approvals.

I know there are a few speciality oils, like Amsoil, Royal Purple etc. Do they offer any real advantage over Mobil 1 or are they just something to spend your money on?

To the OP, I would suggest posting your question here:
Fellow owners, as well as factory trained Ferrari technicians can chime in on the most up to date recommendations for you.

Please report back here, what those recommendations are, and what you decided.

Good luck.

Previous owner spent some $$$ on the brake upgrade. I prefer the stock wheels...but I doubt 16" wheels will fit any longer with the big brake kit. :)
Yes, that’s the problem. Stock wheels do not fit. However, there is a company that makes wheels that are almost identical to stock which will fit. I’m considering them.

Greetings everyone! I own a 1988 Ferrari Testarossa, 40k miles. The workshop manual calls for a 10w50 oil. According to the last service record, right before I took delivery of the car, the oil used was Liqid Moly Race Tech 10w60. It’s almost time for it’s next annual fluid change service so I’m trying to decide what product to use.

I do intend to keep this car indefinitely so I want to use the best product. I do not track the car, and probably drive it more gently than 95% of other Ferrari drivers, but I do open her up every once in a while.

What oil would you guys recommend? The oil will be changed annually and I will probably put around 2k miles on the car per year. Some years a little less (I’ve put less than 1k on it so far this year) and some a little more. As far as I can tell, the car hasn’t used any oil since the last oil change.
Redline 10w50 or a 15w50 M1

My recommendation is to drive it. Living in the south, I'd drive that thing every chance I get. You said you're going to keep it forever, might as well enjoy it.

Keeping miles off your car is like keeping miles off your wi.......so the other guy can enj.....never mind.

As for oil, no need to get fancy with that car. Used to use Agip to service those.

Go to Walmart. Get some t6 40 grade, enjoy the savings.

I can't help you with oil recommendations so I'll give you some fashion advice.

Dress like these guys when behind the wheel:

Miami Vice - Cyan Suit | Miami vice fashion, Miami vice ...

Back