Recommend Me: Largest Back Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dareo
The Caprice, and other V8 RWDs are not high on my list because of the low city fuel economy and the wife driving it most of the time. Plus it is hard to find a really clean caprice without a lot of miles and/or idle time and seat wear. Caprice has 43 inches rear legroom!

Well the S550 is 42.3 inches for rear leg room. Plus if you want deprecation, it has it, usually listed for over 100k now down to 25-30k on the 2013's. There's the 2012's too, but the earlier 2010-2011 had the regular 5.5 liter engine so gas mileage was worse. 2012-2013 had the twin turbo direct injection engine so power and gas mileage went up.

Outback, is that considered wagon or cuv/suv?

Great backseat, huge hatch area. Massively bigger than my foresters.

Need to sit in it to see. With the front seat all the way back its not even close to my knees.. at 6'2"

it'll be around the top of your price range, but perhaps a Lincoln Continental?
it's the Fusion/MKZ platform, with a 3" stretch, which admittedly only puts it at 41.3" Rear Leg room...

the same stretched Fusion platform is made & Sold in China as the 8th Gen Taurus, which we never got here in the us.
that's not to say the Continental is made in China, because it's not. they're built in FlatRock Mi, along side the Mustang.

You are going to spend 30k for 1-2 extra inches of legroom in the backseat? I have a hard time thinking that the space will make a big difference. Does your wife usually have passengers in the backseat that require the space?

Subaru Forester, '19 model has 39.2" of rear legroom. Under 30K in premium trim, and has AWD. I'd think that AWD would be a good idea in Utah.
If you want AWD, look at the '19 Legacy or Outback, or wait for the redesigned '20 model.
Also look at a new gen Accord - more legroom and an even larger trunk.

Originally Posted by Kestas
I heard the new Buicks are popular in China. The wealthy buy them because they can afford chauffeurs and the back seat is roomy.

The Chinese do not need a large rear seat area to have a roomy feeling as they are mostly small people. Respectively.

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
I heard the new Buicks are popular in China. The wealthy buy them because they can afford chauffeurs and the back seat is roomy.

The Chinese do not need a large rear seat area to have a roomy feeling as they are mostly small people. Respectively.

HAHA, isn't that a tad racist now? What about sumo wrestlers.

Originally Posted by NO2
Subaru Forester, '19 model has 39.2" of rear legroom. Under 30K in premium trim, and has AWD. I'd think that AWD would be a good idea in Utah.
If you want AWD, look at the '19 Legacy or Outback, or wait for the redesigned '20 model.
Also look at a new gen Accord - more legroom and an even larger trunk.

I can't do a CVT. AWD would be nice to have but not mandatory. Isn't Subaru all CVT with the exception of a few poorly exectued manual trans models?

Also the Passat doesn't do it for me. Maybe the Arteon they just came out with if it gets more incentives.

Originally Posted by atikovi

Nah, its not racist, I said "Respectively".

Except for the occasional foreigner, Sumo wrestlers are Japanese.

The new accord, 2.0 Touring trim, would check all the boxes. Cloth or Ventilated leather, more back seat space, non-cvt automatic. Only downside here is the high price of like $36k sticker, 32-33k haggle price. Maybe we should wait until they come off lease.

Originally Posted by HangFire

Except for the occasional foreigner, Sumo wrestlers are Japanese.

Japanese, Chinese. They look alike to me. OK, now THAT might be a tad racist

It's not the car for me, but short of a long wheelbase S class or 7 series, this is the biggest modern car back seat I've ridden in:

[Linked Image]

Infiniti Q70L - the back seat is ridiculously deep. I don't recall the headroom.

Originally Posted by CBR.worm
Infiniti Q70L - the back seat is ridiculously deep. I don't recall the headroom.

Those get good reviews from CR. Two versions the regular and L for long wheelbase. I often forget about those since they're kind of rare.

The new accord, 2.0 Touring trim, would check all the boxes. Cloth or Ventilated leather, more back seat space, non-cvt automatic. Only downside here is the high price of like $36k sticker, 32-33k haggle price. Maybe we should wait until they come off lease.

As I noted above, the current Accord does not offer the rear seat spaciousness of the Gen 8.
A look at my sig will show you how I know this.
You can get an excellent deal on a new Gen 10 Accord and can even pick up a Hybrid for very reasonable money.

So your telling me an 8th gen accord with a stated 37.2" rear leg room is actually more spacious than the 10th generations? I find that hard to believe considering they made the 10th gen accord giant.

Thinking of upgrading our 14 Accord. It has a lot of space but I want more. I'd like to spend between 15 and 30k, needs to have ventilated seats or cloth seats, remote start, not be a mini van. Needs to be 2016+ model year. Accords has about 38" legroom so a few cars like the Toyota Avalon, Lexus ES 350, Cadillac XTS will beat it by an inch or two.

Any suggestions? Car or SUV only, wife won't take a van or wagon unfortunately. Thanks!

Probably not in the type/class of vehicle you're after, but the back seat room is unbelievably huge in the ~2012+ Nissan Versa sedans for the vehicle they are. There's more leg, head and hip room in the back of those cheap little cars than there are in most much larger and costlier sedans, even real-world with the front seats rolled and leaned back.

Last edited:
Good to know about the Versas, for people on a tight budget at least. I like the Q70L interior but not really into how the exterior body looks at all. It is cool that they have an AWD 5.6L V8 Q70L, although it gets low MPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back