Recommend a decent polisher please....

Hi Guys,

So up to know I have been using a random orbital polisher - - - I think its time I upgraded to something with more substance.
Can you guys/gals recommend a decent mid grade polisher?

Something on amzon.ca would be awesome. Or any other car detailing website.

Thanks again.

I have this one and I love it:

Also used one of these for years and it still works great, but isn't quite as smooth running as the Dewalt, but still easy to use.

Lots of people like the Groits one:

Go with a Flex. It’s more substantial than a RO, but it doesn’t have as much chance for damage as a buffer.

Hi Guys,

So up to know I have been using a random orbital polisher - - - I think its time I upgraded to something with more substance.
Can you guys/gals recommend a decent mid grade polisher?

Something on amzon.ca would be awesome. Or any other car detailing website.

Thanks again.
What are you looking for random orbit or rotary polisher/buffer? Do you have a larger size compressor or electric only? Rotary air buffers are the lightest, easiest to use and control but there is a learning curve and need some practice on scrap before attacking a car.

I've used a Porter Cable for years. Upgraded to a Torq and a Griots G9. While its not a Flex Or a Rupes, the Griots review very well in their class and have a lifetime warranty

Last edited:
I've been using a Griots Garage G9 since they came out and like it. Has decent power, decent price, great lifetime warranty and good service... or spend and get a Flex etc...

Back