recent weed eater buyers-- i need one

This is all I run now around the house or tearing up heavy brush. Pro tip take the shield off unless safety item.
Ya need some power to turn that kind of line the FS 240 delivers it's 40cc engine sound more like a saw in your hand than a trimmer View attachment 107244View attachment 107245View attachment 107246
Huh weird - every 240 I've seen is a bike handle trimmer, did you take it off?

Taking the guard off makes lot of sense a lot of the time.

Huh weird - every 240 I've seen is a bike handle trimmer, did you take it off?

Taking the guard off makes lot of sense a lot of the time.
Nope built as is I also run no stap they get in the way its a man's trimmer. Correct on guards all they do is making the head wrap tall grass when brush cutting

Nope built as is I also run no stap they get in the way its a man's trimmer. Correct on guards all they do is making the head wrap tall grass when brush cutting

A beast no doubt. Love it.

When I see these guys running they are typically using blades vs string.

Everything lol. In my opinion all of them are junk. But yes I think it was a Greenworks or Ego I used and it was really underpowered not sure which one. Probably one of the lower volt ones. I too was surprised at the Dewalt.
That is exactly where I was until I got disgusted enough with my Stihl. Started reading reviews and homed in on the 80V. And since I already have the 80V chainsaw and two blowers I took a flyer....hahahaha

Everything lol. In my opinion all of them are junk. But yes I think it was a Greenworks or Ego I used and it was really underpowered not sure which one. Probably one of the lower volt ones. I too was surprised at the Dewalt.
Craftsman make good cheap chineese weed eater. They even have walbro carbs!

Went through a spool of 0.080" and a spool of 0.095" in the GWPro 80V after pickleball this AM

Really in hand the .095" hardly feels much thicker that .080". Let's spin this puppy up

Ho Lee Hek - it's a like a whole new trimmer with the .095. I had no idea, I was cutting through the grap like a hot spoon in melted butter. The etrimmer had no problem spinning and cutting and feeding. Made the work a LOT quicker garden paths were clear, just like that.

Only odd thing is the spool full lasted about the same time as the .080". BUT that is not scientific with the EXACT amount of string for each run (and other factors)

Now for sure going to try some .155". That must feel hurky.

I also store my line in water. Supposed to keep it from getting brittle......who knows.

Will your trimmer accept 0.155" line? Lots of them don't...not sure about electric ones though.

I also store my line in water. Supposed to keep it from getting brittle......who knows.

Will your trimmer accept 0.155" line? Lots of them don't...not sure about electric ones though.
Keeping nylon hydrated will keep it supple. Storing in water is probably overkill.

.095 is still sloppy. I bet .155" fits

Keeping nylon hydrated will keep it supple. Storing in water is probably overkill.

.095 is still sloppy. I bet .155" fits
Just going up from .095 to .105 is a big difference I would try that first. .155 I have my doubts it will like it Or be able to spin it.

Cancelled the order. Bought .105".

I need to use these 3 up now! Hahaha

Thanks
I had a ball trying different string sizes when I first got a decent trimmer; I haven't had to buy string in several years now, I accumulated so much in a short time. Sort of like buying different oils on clearance just to try them and hoarding a whole stockpile, which I'm also guilty of at times.

I've never tried .155, but on my Stihl FS131R that uses a generic/clone Echo Speedfeed 450 head, .105 isn't quite snug, but it's getting there. .155 is a pretty big jump, so it's questionable whether it would fit and/or give a reliable bump feed.

For what I do, .105 is overkill, but does speed things up. But I trim around a lot of objects I have to take care around, trees and fifth wheel tires, plastic mailbox post cover, house siding, etc. An errant whack with .105 on something that doesn't want to be whacked is a whole different ballgame than .080. Maybe I just need to perfect my technique, but at the end of the day everybody has their own uses and what works best for them.

Back