Recent gas price increase. On Tuesday it went up 32¢. Has yours

Geopolitical issues or more specifically, Red Sea and Houthi rebels in Yemen.
It just happened during the peak holiday driving time? That geographic instability has been going on for some time now. I don't buy into your explanation. It's all about corporate greed.

It just happened during the peak holiday driving time? That geographic instability has been going on for some time now. I don't buy into your explanation. It's all about corporate greed.
Yes it just happened bcs. Houthis just happened to attack ships with drones and missiles.
There is a thing called news.

In my town in NW NJ the Shell station matches the Quick Check prices. Shell is top tier Quick Check is not. On Wed, Reg 87 was $3.05, on Thur morning, it was $3.15.

Seen on the news this morning 12/23/23 that 27 states in the nation were under $3.00. Mine is not one of them. Locally anywhere from $3.29 to $3.49 here in Berks County Pennsylvania.

Today 7/11 gas on Long Island suburbs of NYC

Attachments

• IMG_20231223_125410645.jpg
    IMG_20231223_125410645.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 1
Even in the second highest tax state in the country and my county adding another $.04/g, we're under $3 and have been for a couple of weeks. Weird.

$2.35 at Costco Springfield, MO. Bucee's Springfield was higher. $2.45 at Costco Overland Park, KS. As of yesterday afternoon.

Last edited:
Lets let this thread run until the end of next week.
Bet we'll see a substantial drop in pump prices.

Back