Recent brake job on Honda Accord done prematurely?(pictures)

My 2012 V6 Accord has 140,000 miles. It went into the dealer for some maintenance. This dealer has always been honest and reliable as far as I can see. The only problem they mentioned was the brake pads needed to be changed. They had about 75,000 miles on them and the rotors were warped bad as the car pulsed a lot when stopping. They said they were down to 3/32". They appear to have a lot of meat on them still. What do you guys think? Not a big deal and I think the dealer was fine recommending to change them. I changed them myself anyway because the warped rotors were starting to drive me nuts haha! I used Reactive One performance slotted rotors for the front and Adaptive One rotors on the back with Akebono Pro Act pads all the way around. Think this is a good combo? Hoping the slotted rotors will help prevent warping in the future. The old pads were also Akebono Pro Act. What are the sparkling flakes on the pads?
6W7hKk7.jpg

FuPy1ot.jpg

H3M1Dci.jpg

KNq1bis.jpg

Q51Zr8M.jpg

AeZicwE.jpg

7Hmj8mo.jpg

pQey6JS.jpg

MtLqyYT.jpg

KofI7vL.jpg

Pads look fine to me. But if I had warped rotors then I would have replaced the pads too. As cheap as i am, after 75k they don’t really owe you anything.
Thinking the exact same thing. By themselves, I wouldn't have replaced those pads but if the rotors were bad, I wouldn't replace rotors without new pads. And yeah, after 50k miles (let alone 75k), I wouldn't give it much thought.

Those were 6mm we don't recommend them even to yellow at ( Honda In NC ) until 5mm . But if it was pulsating I don't disagree with pads/rotors together

Akebono pads seem to have a good reputation. A lot of people think they make Honda OEM pads. Never used them myself. Are the rotors from NAPA ? Looks like one is slotted/grooved and the other isn't though.

Akebono pads seem to have a good reputation. A lot of people think they make Honda OEM pads. Never used them myself. Are the rotors from NAPA ? Looks like one is slotted/grooved and the other isn't though.
Yes they are from Napa. They did not have slotted rear rotors.

Thanks everyone! What do you guys think of the quality of the rotors and pad I bought?

There's nothing wrong with what you got, but my choice would be Powerstop Geomet coated rotors because Geomet is the best coating for rusty environments.

For pads, I like Akebono and EBC

Back