Received a letter from Hyundai.

They are extending the engine warranty on our 2017 Tuscon 2.0 Nu to 150k miles or 15 years from date of production, whichever happens first.

They require documented oil changes at least every 7500 miles.

I have had every oil change on this car documented at the dealer or the Valvoline instant oil change.

The car currently sits at about 45k miles. I told my wife she only has 100k miles more behind the seat of this one.

They are extending the engine warranty on our 2017 Tuscon 2.0 Nu to 150k miles or 15 years from date of production, whichever happens first.

I have had every oil change on this car documented at the dealer or the Valvoline instant oil change.

The car currently sits at about 45k miles. I told my wife she only has 100k miles more behind the seat of this one.
Unlike Ford (and others) Hyundai actually stands behind their motors and they don't tell you to take a hike-in the event of a (design) failure. There are PLENTY of stories of Hyundai replacing motors-and even working with second or third subsequent owners to at least cooperate to a degree on replacement motors.

And yea I just bought an F150 8 weeks ago.

Still waiting on the results of the oilconsumption class action.

I do expect any vehicle under a warranty to not have a problem with engine replacement. If they were so diligent, there wouldn't need to be a class action.

I traded in my '15 Sonata 2.4L w/ 108k miles in 12/2019 and the next summer got a letter in the mail that it had a lifetime engine warranty.

**** I should have kept that car.

Standing in front of it might keep it from being stolen..... Or you might get run over.

Is this engine GDI or MPI or turbocharged? I have a Nu2.0 GDI in an Elantra GT, sounds like a bunch of rocks in a garbage can. It would be nice if I received one of these letters.

My father just turned 200k on his 2013 Sonata. It's hard some hard miles too, as he used to tow a snowmobile trailer back and forth 7 hours each way with garage and house hold items. He's only had to replace a wheel bearing and starter. I guess he's lucky?

Back