Rear main seal stop leak.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading through all of the replies that mentioned using a HM oil not one stated to try using M1HM oil. I wonder why? I thought M1HM oil was supposed to be the "KING" of all HM oils at slowing/stopping oil leaks? Opinions?

Just another update. The rinse phase will be starting in about a week or 2. I think i'm going to go with 20% MMO and 80% Trop Artic 5W30.

Sprintman said he got better results using MMO during the rinse phase so I figured why not give it a shot. AutoRX says to use conventional during the rinse phase because it will harden seals compared to synthetic oils. I'm not sure what my RMS is made of but I know from my own experiments MMO will harden nitrile. Maybe that will be beneficial for this application.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

Sprintman said he got better results using MMO during the rinse phase so I figured why not give it a shot.

ralph-cropped.jpg

Originally Posted By: Trav

Sprintman said he got better results using MMO during the rinse phase so I figured why not give it a shot.

ralph-cropped.jpg

objection noted.

Oh no objection from me, i didn't say a word. lol
When you said..
Sprintman said he got better results using MMO during the rinse phase

That for sure drove some people we wont mention running for the toilet cursing and howling.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Clevy is right. I just had another oil change of pennzoil platinum/ultra mix with LM motor oil saver 300ml and LM Mos2 100ml with 2 qts pp 5w30 and 3/4 qt PU 5w30 and my tech said no further leaking was seen. I am sold on this product and have full confidence. Will use up all my pennzoil syn, move to qsud 5w30 till out and then run valvoline maxlife full syn with 100ml of both motor oil saver and 100ml of Mos2. Currently at 89000. On another note; its nhl hockey season so Go Habs Go!

HABS?

Well we can't all be perfect.

Boston foreva

Originally Posted By: Trav
Oh no objection from me, i didn't say a word. lol
When you said..
Sprintman said he got better results using MMO during the rinse phase

That for sure drove some people we wont mention running for the toilet cursing and howling.
crackmeup2.gif

I'm sure it will but I like to tinker. I know it won't hurt anything so I thought I'd see if I could find any benefits. Kendall really dirtied up what I can see through the oil fill hole.

Update on RMS leak..I have used a formula of 2 qts 5w30 PUP, 3/5 qt of Pennzoil Platinum HM Synthetic with one can of Motor Oil Saver & Mos2 for the past few oil changes and leak is gone. Was anxious to use the AZ 1$ clearance Qsud 5w30 but that will have to wait as will me using the 5qt jug of valvoline maxlife syn.

I noticed that Liqui Moly Motor Oil Saver (Engine Oil Resealer in Aus) is Ethelyne Glycol and Tridecanol Based ? The MSDS for Rislone Rear main shows different Esters and and slightly different b/n US version and one for Australia/New Zealand with Esterex, Elco 498 and Hitec 5754A.

One for down here seems similar but with more advanced additives ? Looks like a great product but is twice the price of the Liqui Moly one. Currently have a rear main seal leak on my GM V6 Ecotec with 340,000km. Engine is clean internally but starting to leak maybe 1-2 small drops each night. Might try one of these before going to a 20w60 oil etc.

Last edited:
How many of you guys using LM Motor Oil Saver noticed if it stopped a leak, the leak not coming back when the MOS was not in the sump? Is it a product that requires continued use, or something that can be used once stop a leak, and not require continued use? Or can it be used successfully on alternate OCIs?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
How many of you guys using LM Motor Oil Saver noticed if it stopped a leak, the leak not coming back when the MOS was not in the sump? Is it a product that requires continued use, or something that can be used once stop a leak, and not require continued use? Or can it be used successfully on alternate OCIs?

I can't answer the LM portion but I can say I'm about 3k miles now without Auto-RX and still no signs of the leak returning.

I can't answer the LM portion but I can say I'm about 3k miles now without Auto-RX and still no signs of the leak returning.

Thanks, I was looking specifically for info on the LM product.

I thought AUTO-RX was an internal engine cleaner?
confused2.gif

MOS has always stopped any leaks that our car had. I usually use it in two OCI's and then go with a HM oil. PYB HM seems to be my favorite HM oil...

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

I thought AUTO-RX was an internal engine cleaner?
confused2.gif

Maybe you should read the thread. It is and that is what a lot of this thread is about.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
MOS has always stopped any leaks that our car had. I usually use it in two OCI's and then go with a HM oil. PYB HM seems to be my favorite HM oil...

So 2 rounds was enough to settle the seal and stick with a HM oil after with no more MOS ?

Originally Posted By: vxcalais
I noticed that Liqui Moly Motor Oil Saver (Engine Oil Resealer in Aus) is Ethelyne Glycol and Tridecanol Based ? The MSDS for Rislone Rear main shows different Esters and and slightly different b/n US version and one for Australia/New Zealand with Esterex, Elco 498 and Hitec 5754A.

One for down here seems similar but with more advanced additives ? Looks like a great product but is twice the price of the Liqui Moly one. Currently have a rear main seal leak on my GM V6 Ecotec with 340,000km. Engine is clean internally but starting to leak maybe 1-2 small drops each night. Might try one of these before going to a 20w60 oil etc.

Instead of that 25w60 garbage try a bottle of Maxlife 20w50 from Big W. It has a heap of seal conditioners in it.
My dad put 40w70 (the next one up from the 25w60!!!) in a Pajero and it slowed oil usage but made the car very sluggish and not run right. I told him to try the Maxlife and it almost completely stopped usage with zero ill side effects! Stay away from the ultra thick stuff in my opinion

I keep forgetting about MoS2 and how it helped stop leaks for some members. It might be worth a try.

Thanks for that. Have two bottles of Castrol High Mileage 15w50 and currently running Nulon 20w50 High Mileage which is obviously not slowing the leak. Also have a bottle of Penrite HPR30 20w60 i was thinking of putting in. Thinking of using the Liqui Moly stuff. I used the Maxlife a while ago and cannot remember it leak wise but felt good in the car. Used Auto RX about 100,000k's ago and honestly one cycle did stop a leak i believe was from the rear main but never checked. Used to run the 15w40 diesel oils in those days. Seems it stopped it for about 60,000k's.

Still have about 6,000ks left on this oil change, so may try the additive then maxlife it at the next oil change for the winter. Leave the thicker stuff to next summer maybe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back