Realtors in Florida

Saw a house I really liked yesterday on YT. Very unique features abound.
A nice 3 car garage that actually looks great from the outside and has a epoxied floor.

It had the optinal side walk out door.
Many are charging $1500 for that option and as I looked closer it's a double door... that froze my brain a bit..

Why do you need a double side door on a garage????

Watched a new realtor today.
She was working the tour hard but when she opened the front door she said, here we have all new fake wood floors throughout and carpet only in the bedrooms.

Next she bragged about the kitchen and said, don't worry the cabinets are all hung so you don't have to do any of that...

A nice 3 car garage that actually looks great from the outside and has a epoxied floor.

Many are charging $1500 for that option and as I looked closer it's a double door... that froze my brain a bit..

Lawn mower and equipment entry/exit. Most houses just add another overhead door for this in the back though. The door is optional? Absolutely every house with an attached garage here has a side or back door.

Lawn mower and equipment entry/exit. Most houses just add another overhead door for this in the back though. The door is optional? Absolutely every house with an attached garage here has a side or back door.
Every inch of wall in my garage has something hanging on it. Door means even less space.

Well they have a 3 car garage.
That aside every builder in Palm Coast charges for a walk out door be it on the side or back. $1500 on up for a single. Block wall of course..

Just curious, how are the Del Webb communities in Florida? Ocala caught my wife's eye along with a friend of ours, they want 55 and over and the amenities. HOA seems reasonable, but lets face it, it can only go up like taxes and everything else.

Just curious, how are the Del Webb communities in Florida? Ocala caught my wife's eye along with a friend of ours, they want 55 and over and the amenities. HOA seems reasonable, but lets face it, it can only go up like taxes and everything else.
Very weird...earlier I watched a 2500 Sq ft Del Webb video in Ocala that just popped up on YouTube.

It looked very nice with the exception it was a spec house with all white everything. If you want a video link I can get it.
I used to vacation there in the 80s and the right parts of Ocala have the right stuff like low insurance and rolling hills and old oak trees and the bad places well you know...
I'm still figuring out Marion Oaks..the right and left...lol

Del Webb wouldn't match a custom home but you can move in today..
They also have videos on the building and inspection process.

Appears very interesting like you said.

Very weird...earlier I watched a 2500 Sq ft Del Webb video in Ocala that just popped up on YouTube.

It looked very nice with the exception it was a spec house with all white everything. If you want a video link I can get it.
I used to vacation there in the 80s and the right parts of Ocala have the right stuff like low insurance and rolling hills and old oak trees and the bad places well you know...

Thanks! They certainly aren't custom builders, but I can in any of these communities get a three car garage, or a bumped out 2 car garage, and have a decent place to hide or tinker. I can also paint and paper a new house and set it apart from the "all white everything," with relative ease. Years ago I would never have considered one of these communities, but as I'm getting older and saw friends and family younger than me pass it gets me thinking. In one of these communities, there's a built in support group especially as you get older, where people help each other. I learned that from my father after my mother passed. His neighbors were a God send during the week when my brother and I were working. He always had something to do if it wanted to.

I like Ocala from short visits - seems more like a real town than do most Florida places. Its a little close to the villages - hopefully they will build a wall soon :)

We purchased a spec home here - there good value, or were, compared to have the same house built. The key is to know things are negotiable - which your realtor won't mention. The builder won't want to cut the price for comp reasons - but they will do adds or changes. So maybe you want some upgrades, especially if its easy like appliances, lights, etc. I have even heard of them tearing out new carpet - especially if its the 99 cent builder grade stuff - to add hardwood. I would assume interior repaint would be a no brainer for them. Worth asking.

I like Ocala from short visits - seems more like a real town than do most Florida places. Its a little close to the villages - hopefully they will build a wall soon :)

We purchased a spec home here - there good value, or were, compared to have the same house built. The key is to know things are negotiable - which your realtor won't mention. The builder won't want to cut the price for comp reasons - but they will do adds or changes. So maybe you want some upgrades, especially if its easy like appliances, lights, etc. I have even heard of them tearing out new carpet - especially if its the 99 cent builder grade stuff - to add hardwood. I would assume interior repaint would be a no brainer for them. Worth asking.
Agreed...
Like demar a professional paint job wouldn't be an issue for me. That was my first trade..taught by my father.. Oil trim only for me :)

Agreed...
Like demar a professional paint job wouldn't be an issue for me. That was my first trade..taught by my father.. Oil trim only for me :)
Yes, I do my own painting also - unless it requires more than a step ladder at which point my wife stops me :(

Can't answer that- maybe the double door was to fix a design mistake that left a larger opening in the garage than desired.

Of note- anytime I see 36" or 40" interior doors, 8-foot height interior doors, and solid core interior doors- I can't help but think someone planned the house nicely, and cost savings was NOT the center of the home design. See nice interior doors on a recently built home, the rest of the home may not have been built as cheaply as possible.

Great catch on the garage door!

I would do the same...they still shove carpet in the bedrooms and best to get rid of it right from the start. And as you said it's usually junk.
Problem is when carpet is removed, you still have thresholds between rooms. A well design floor has no thresholds and is the same material throughout an entire floor wherever feasible.

Problem is when carpet is removed, you still have thresholds between rooms. A well design floor has no thresholds and is the same material throughout an entire floor wherever feasible.
But when you are late to the party you have little choice. Unless you just have to have a specific location the better builders aren't using carpet. But totally agree.

Reactions: GON
Well they have a 3 car garage.
That aside every builder in Palm Coast charges for a walk out door be it on the side or back. $1500 on up for a single. Block wall of course..
Here all 3 stall garages still have a standard exit door, and the nicest ones a 4th overhead door leading to the yard. 2.5 car is kind of the bare minimum here on any descent home with 3 being far more common.

Here all 3 stall garages still have a standard exit door, and the nicest ones a 4th overhead door leading to the yard. 2.5 car is kind of the bare minimum here on any descent home with 3 being far more common.
To clarify these are not huge houses. I understand what you're saying but most of the basic houses are like $375 to $475k
And as you know many 3 car garages in this price range are not so attractive.
Move up to $750k plus and the excuses should go away.

Not to mention the usually standard slightly sub .25 acre lot they are dealing with. Of course Ocala is not as restrictive.

I do like the YT house tours as they provide a great service. I do find many very funny and entertaining not being an elitist as I couldn't do half as good at best with the production side .

Saw a lady realtor say that all the walls come painted...neat...lol
She walked into the bathroom and said when you buy from this builder you know you are getting quality.
That builder that is nationwide is known for being about the worst..

But that said that doesn't really mean they are bad in all areas. It depends on their subs etc.

Saw another lady in a really nice house boasting about the builder and as she went out a door into the linai the door handle fell off into her hand.. she "handled" it very well though.

Back