Real Pizzas

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been doing a lot of pizza on the grill lately. A great time saver is to use store bought naan bread for the crust, the "Stonefire" brand is widely available around here. It is a very manageable size for the grill and is firm enough before cooking that they're easy to maneuver. 4 of them fit on our 3 burner Weber. They make a regular and garlic bread which are both good.

Preheat the grill on med-high while preparing ingredients. Brush both sides of the bread with olive oil. Prepare your toppings. Key with a grilled pizza is not to overload it, due to the direct heating you won't want it in there too long so too many toppings will prevent it from heating thoroughly.

Put the bread on the grill and set burners to low. Cook 'em for 3 minutes or so, then remove them to a work surface with the cooked side up. Set the burners to high while you're adding the toppings. Return the topped pizzas to the grill and set the burners to low. After 3 minutes or so, turn the burners off. Wait another 3 minutes or so and remove the pizzas. Eat.

jeff

Pop,
amazing work.
now replace the warm water with warm whole milk (used to be called just milk years ago),
grated lemon peel, some sugar, some raisins + vanilla + some rum and we are in panettone-land....
those pans will sure do some nice crepes... with the blueberry fixes Ms Pop_Rivit does.....
and a white wine......
now true dough is not made in a mixer but by hand :p

My little girl (just turned 12) made this tonight...herself, from scratch.
IMG_20150130_191147.jpg

She made the base a little bigger than the pan, so I suggested a "stuffed crust", which she did 7 to 9 o'clock with fetta, 9 to 11 o'clock with tasty chaddar.

Nope, but if you smear a piece of bread with vegemite, and place under the grill (broiler???) it is very very tasty.

Some bakeries do rolls with baked on cheeses, cheese and bacon, cheese bacon and tomato, and cheese/vegemite.

New York has the best pizza in the world.....I know I grew up in da Bronx....

Arthur Ave. in the Bronx is still known as 'Little Italy' even though it's mostly Albanian now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back