Mini Eggplant Pizzas

After putting up my annual 30+ frozen eggplant parm dinners, I found I had a lot of extra eggplant in my garden this year, so I tried something new. This is pretty easy to prepare and taste delicious!

Mini Eggplant Pizzas

Start with two medium sized Italian style eggplant (black and tear shaped). Peel them with a potato peeler (optional but preferred) and then slice them crossways into ¼” thick discs. Dip the discs in beaten egg, and then in a 50/50 mixture of bread crumbs and grated parmigiana cheese. Arrange on an oiled baking sheet and bake at 400°F until golden brown. In my oven that takes 30 minutes on convection.

Remove the pan from the oven and place a thick slice (1/8”+) of fresh mozzarella cheese on each disc and return to the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese. Then remove from the oven and coat each disc with a tablespoon or so of your favorite warmed spaghetti sauce, and sprinkle with dried oregano.

Leftovers (if any) can be reheated in the microwave.

Enjoy!

That looks like a great, simple recipe.
I know a 'chef' who's on the keto diet who'd substitute pork craklin's for the bread crumbs.....just saying.

Back