Raybestos truck pads

Anyone used the Raybestos specialty truck brake pads? Any advantage over the Element 3? I've also eyed the powerstop Z36 pads but have had good luck with the Raybestos Element on other vehicles so first thought was to stick with those.

Replacing a set of Carquest platinum pads on a 2008 GMC 1500. They have worked find, worn evenly but seems to wear faster. Maybe 15k miles and only about 50% or less pad left. Been rather disappointed with those.

I've used Raybestos on at least 3 past Subaru projects and they have always worked great. If the price is right may get them for my Ram project.

The past 2 brake changes I’ve done with element3 pads have been troublesome. I believe it was @GMBoy who noticed that raybestos changed manufacturers for the element3. It was my go-to, and I’ve installed several sets, but I can’t recommend them now.

Similar to a suggestion above, I installed akebono ASP (their performance pad, which is GG rated) and they have good bite to them, low dusting and are quiet. The only drawback is a bit of a softwood feel at the pedal. But their bite and stopping power is close to the element3, which was an excellent truck pad.

The past 2 brake changes I’ve done with element3 pads have been troublesome. I believe it was @GMBoy who noticed that raybestos changed manufacturers for the element3. It was my go-to, and I’ve installed several sets, but I can’t recommend them now.

Similar to a suggestion above, I installed akebono ASP (their performance pad, which is GG rated) and they have good bite to them, low dusting and are quiet. The only drawback is a bit of a softwood feel at the pedal. But their bite and stopping power is close to the element3, which was an excellent truck pad.
Yes sir it was me as well having issues and can no longer recommend Element 3's. Actually just had a truck in today that the Element 3's lasted only 17k miles. They looked terrible - replaced them with some DL Golds.

Anyone used the Raybestos specialty truck brake pads? Any advantage over the Element 3? I've also eyed the powerstop Z36 pads but have had good luck with the Raybestos Element on other vehicles so first thought was to stick with those.

Replacing a set of Carquest platinum pads on a 2008 GMC 1500. They have worked find, worn evenly but seems to wear faster. Maybe 15k miles and only about 50% or less pad left. Been rather disappointed with those.
I think it was @mattd that used the Z36's and was pretty pleased with them. I've been eyeing them for the Ranger whenever I get around to changing them.

Just put Raybestos pads and rotors from RA on the rear of my Ram last weekend. Seems to be working well. I pulled the camper home from storage and back this weekend and no complaints...

Just my $0.02

Run/running the powerstop z36 on my 2011. Pretty decent pad, occasional minor noise but overall pretty quiet. Great performance when hot, not so great when cold. I would run again if I towed heavy but for my use I am enjoying the akebono ASP pads I put on the 2018 A LOT more.

Now I have to choose what to replace the fronts with. Seized caliper AGAIN causing the need for a premature replacement 😭

Back