Raybestos Element 3 Premium Brake Components?

Are Odysseys known for brake shudder? I was wondering about that. In fact, this is why I serviced the fronts a year ago...
Yes yes and yes.
Pad deposits can form easily on the rotors.
There is a new post every week about it.

Honda redesigned the rotors but it only buys you a little mire time.

My oems were shot at 15000kms....and I drive very easy.

I have used the coated Raybestos Element3 rotors on 3 vehicles over past 2+/- years, all bought off RockAuto as they have best pricing I've found. Before that I was using Stop-Tech (Centric) coated rotors but they've gone up in price. Most recent swap with Raybestos E3 rotors was with Akebono Pro-act Ultra ceramic pads which oddly enough don't call for a bedding in period. About 500 miles in on Explorer & braking is perfect, no vibrations or shimmies what so ever. So far quite happy, will see how they hold up to their 1st NE winter. Got 8 years - 70k out of last Stop-Tech & Hawk PC combo.

I've had such good luck with my OEM Ford brakes on the last two trucks. In August they said I had 5mm pad left on rears and 8mm on fronts. I do have a shimmy but, its not ALL the time. Seems strange to me. My last truck the rear pads wore faster than the fronts as well. It had 80K and this one is at 67K. I like to let off the gas early and coast to bring down my speed before I need brakes. Seems to help get some longevity out of the original brakes.

I am in the mode to start replacing the rears. Not sure where the shimmy is from however. Anyone have thoughts on where to start looking? Have heard that slide pins (uneven pad pressure on rotor) could also be a factor. Lots of salt used in my neck of the woods.

Looking for advise on good non-OEM brands. Considering Raybestos. Heard Akebono is an OEM manufacturer - true?

I’m going oem next time
Best pads I've had on my SUV & trucks is Hawk PC, the yellow box. Used with Stop-Tech coated rotors. Second best is Akebono pads used with Raybestos E3 coated rotors, maybe even less dust then Hawk but not as much bite. Will continue to buy each, however Hawk is not as available on all vehicles as Akebono is.

Between the two below, which one would you choose for a pad slap on a CRV?
ACDelco Gold 17D1089CHF1 Ceramic Front Disc Brake Pad Kit
Raybestos Premium Raybestos Element3 EHT™ Replacement Front Brake Pad Set (EHT1089H)

I used the Raybestos Element3 rotors and pads on rear of my FJ Cruiser based on a lot of positive reviews. I only did a test drive so time will tell. Can't imagine anything going wrong as most of my driving is kind of slow. I have the front rotors and pads, but I couldn't get the dam wheels off and it was getting late. I'll get to those latter.

Back