Raybestos New Calipers, Any Good?

Evening all! So, it appears the 2014 Tacoma needs new calipers. Was having an oscillating grinding noise a while back and the dealer I bought it from replaced the front brake pads and rotors, free of charge of course. Fast forward to recently, I've noticed some intermittent odd noises coming from the front end, but shrugged it off as the tires as they're AT's. Noticed the other day the drivers side wheel has a bunch more brake dust on it compared to the passenger and I'm getting the same oscillating noise. It seems the caliper is sticking a little bit and has warped the rotor already in short order. Decided it's time to spend the money and just do it all myself. Found on RA Raybestos brand new calipers, these in particular:

Question being, anybody on here used this brands new calipers? I've used their coated rotors and hybrid pads with success, but never calipers. I will combine it with their new rotors and pads (despite the ones on the truck now have maybe 1500 miles, but I don't trust them). Both driver and passenger side will be changed. I know they're "uncoated" and they will be painted to prevent corrosion.

I've used them four times now, on a Jeep Liberty and three different Subaru's. No problems to report, they're currently in use for close to five years, on my wife's Liberty.

Elements 3 are coated. I have used them on many cars including my own and never had any issues with them. Do not spay the calipers with Wheel cleaners, simple green or anything other than car soap and brush when you clean the wheels as it can damage the coating.

Thanks for the replies folks!

Just ordered both E3 Calipers along with the E3 Hybrid pads, and E3 coated rotors. I might have gotten away with just doing calipers, but while I got it apart I might as well. Only the drivers side probably needed a caliper, but I feels it's best to do both. What a way to spend a two week vacation, rebuilding the front brakes on your truck! :LOL:

Back