Rav 4 Prime?

Gotta save those electrons for the MPGe!!!
Lack of lighted controls did not bother me one bit, but I agree that the interior was basically the same quality as a $26k Rav - and the seat fabric felt much cheaper and thinner than my 2016 VW - that car felt well put together for under $20k.
Hope I'll actually get the Ford Escape in a few months to compare - ironically also an "se" model like the Rav. I like my options low like my MSRP.

Bummer. :( I had high hopes for the RAV4 hybrid, to put one in my garage some day, sounded good on paper. Wife's '21 Camry doesn't excite me on the interior, but as a base model I'm not expecting much.

This was just absurd. Absolutely absurd. The map lights did not illuminate. The sunroof toggle did not illuminate. They were right next to each other. Total BS. The window switch and lock switch on the driver's panel were the only switches that illuminated, I believe, aside the climate control and stuff on the dash and I believe steering wheel. It was beyond low rent. The seats were legit, and the NAV and dash displayer were fine. Otherwise, it was a $15K vehicle inside. My RDX actually punches at its price point.
It’s a Toyota. All of those complaints are to be expected for their interiors.

They are good at building basic transportation that is reasonably easy to service and is well-supported, even once out of warranty.

Mazda has dropped cx60 specs. Cx70 should mirror.
327hp, 368tq.
0-100km 5.8s
8 speed auto
60km battery only range
17.8kw battery pack.

It should be a segment dominator when it drops. I am very curious how it would stack up vs my rdx for enjoyment and interior. That said, never again with first YM cars for me!

Heard this week that Ford won't be building my Escape PHEV in April, as estimated when I ordered in January. Who knows when I'll get my Rav replacement!
But... just lack of depreciation and insurance on a second vehicle can pay for any car rentals we'd need in the meantime - which has been none so far. Already have a skybox 16, and have ordered racks for the Prius Prime, so we are unlikely to need to rent anything.
Eventually I'll get a PHEV at MSRP or less again - no rush; patience pays off.

Reactions: Ws6
Tinted, PPF'ed, and CC2s
20220318_120447.jpg

Sorry to hear about the RV4P. Going from "handles better than the CX-5" to "Handling was abysmal on throttle due to lack of traction. After a few thousand miles it seemed rather rattly", would be disheartening for many.

You gotta tell us how the RDX does on that hill. I much prefer the looks of the Acura. Congrats.

Reactions: Ws6
Have a 2019 RAV4 Hybrid Limited.
Lack of Traction is due to the LRR OE tires used. A swap there would make a world of difference.
As for the lack of lit driver's door switches, a $60 swap out for a 19 Camry switch set is a simple fix. Just did it 2 weeks ago.
Ride on ours is still tight and rattles not happening on ours. And we have some of the worst, potholed roads i've seen.
Entirely happy with the RAV4 to date.
Especially the awesome fuel economy through a tough, cold, icy winter at 30 mpg, with studded winter tires, mostly short tripping it.

In all seriousness, just like the complaints about the the GTI mk8's infotainment screen, where I opine that once you have your settings in place, no more need to fidget with it. So too with illuminated window and lock switches on the door. Who doesn't know these things by feel?! I never look down to make sure I'm opening the correct window.

In all seriousness, just like the complaints about the the GTI mk8's infotainment screen, where I opine that once you have your settings in place, no more need to fidget with it. So too with illuminated window and lock switches on the door. Who doesn't know these things by feel?! I never look down to make sure I'm opening the correct window.
It’s certainly a “knit picky” kind of thing, but on any $40,000+ vehicle illuminated switches should just be standard equipment.

Have a 2019 RAV4 Hybrid Limited.
Lack of Traction is due to the LRR OE tires used. A swap there would make a world of difference.
As for the lack of lit driver's door switches, a $60 swap out for a 19 Camry switch set is a simple fix. Just did it 2 weeks ago.
Ride on ours is still tight and rattles not happening on ours. And we have some of the worst, potholed roads i've seen.
Entirely happy with the RAV4 to date.
Especially the awesome fuel economy through a tough, cold, icy winter at 30 mpg, with studded winter tires, mostly short tripping it.
I used Crossclimate2 Michelins from mile 1. It just sucked under way. Slowly crawling, it was fine, but applying power exiting a corner, or at higer speeds going up hills in snow or ice? It was terrible.

It did handle static better than the cx5. Dynamic and when driven in hate or st higher speeds than a few mph? It was terrible due to the awd system only being able to put 16% of total horsepower to the rear.

The RDX handles the hill fine, even on trash Eagle RSA oem tires, btw (it now wears CC2s, but this vid is on oem trash)

Back