Random no crank on 95 ram 5.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming this is a Dodge and I believe they use Denso starters, you need starter contacts. This problem is very common on Denso starters when they have bunch of miles. It is not too difficult to replace the contacts. The contacts and the plunger is available on the internet. I did that to my Camry. My symptoms were similar.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Assuming this is a Dodge and I believe they use Denso starters, you need starter contacts. This problem is very common on Denso starters when they have bunch of miles. It is not too difficult to replace the contacts. The contacts and the plunger is available on the internet. I did that to my Camry. My symptoms were similar.

I would have no idea what to search for. And yes its a 95 dodge ram. It has 182,000 im not sure if its a denso starter or not though. The tag is impossible to read.

Originally Posted By: JamesBond
just search for Starter Solenoid Repair Kit Dodge. The parts will fit many Japanese and Domestic vehicles.

Looks like its a Denso starter.

just search for Starter Solenoid Repair Kit Dodge. The parts will fit many Japanese and Domestic vehicles.

Looks like its a Denso starter.

should I do a solenoid kit only or the starter kit to?

Usually you definitely need the two contacts and the plunger. There are bunch of different shapes and types and you will need to at least get the marking from your starter.

I purchased mine from ebay seller named crank-n-charge couple of years ago.

Something like this needs to be replaced from the inside of your starter but the plunger length needs to be matched and the shape of those contacts needs to be correct.

$(KGrHqR,!lwE9KBdbvOZBPS7F+uDLQ~~60_12.JPG

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Something like this needs to be replaced from the inside of your starter but the plunger length needs to be matched and the shape of those contacts needs to be correct.

$(KGrHqR,!lwE9KBdbvOZBPS7F+uDLQ~~60_12.JPG

So just get the solenoid rebuild kit I guess

Now before I order these parts how sure are you that this in fact the exact issue? And not
the starter itself?

I'm 0% sure that this is the exact issue. No one here has any idea what the problem actually is, we may not even be real people.

But, judging by the number of denso starter rebuild kits listed on ebay, quite a few people make the $15-$20 leap of faith. I did, and it fixed my starter right up.

Google Dodge/Honda/Toyota/Denso Starter Rebuild and watch and read all the info that says the same thing, and then make your best guess.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Now before I order these parts how sure are you that this in fact the exact issue? And not
the starter itself?
Suppose, it is the starter itself which is bad. So? You still need to take the starter out of the vehicle and then take it to a parts store and buy another one after handing this to the store for core. Before doing that, you can open it up and see if the contact looks corroded. If so, you then order the parts on ebay. That way you will not waste $15.

Now, if even after replacing the corroded contacts your starter gives the same problems again, please post your PayPal handle here, so that JamesBond and myself will send you the half of the money you wasted because we would feel so guilty for giving you wrong advice.

Some people!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back