Rampage supersonic missile used on Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamas and Hezbollah are taking up enough of the efforts of the IDF. Once things are pulled back they will have time to do selected strikes into Iran. Getting rid of Iran's nuclear facilities will be a priority and this has been demonstrated in the past. Also they need to bulk up on defensive missiles to make sure any future retaliation by Iran is taken care of. Shooting down 300 missiles and drones was very impressive.

Agreed but they realize the cost of knocking out 99% cost Israel $1.2 BILLION that night. and they had help from other countries.
Yes, not knocking them out would cost more in damages but its not without tremendous financial cost for just one attack.

They will more than make up for that $1.2 B once:

- Palestine is cleared out and turned into beach front property / condos.
- Oil drilling starts to tap the 3 billion potential barrels off the coast.
- The Ben Gurion Canal is completed and starts to compete for the $10 billion in yearly tolls that the Suez brings in each year.

Shooting down 300 missiles and drones was very impressive.

Maybe this was just a dry run, a test of how Israel's defenses would react? They pushed the system hard and learned how it works along with the reaction of the allies. Next time Iran might just send over 3000 drones and a few other tricks up their sleeves.

Nuke.jpg

Last edited:
Hamas and Hezbollah are taking up enough of the efforts of the IDF. Once things are pulled back they will have time to do selected strikes into Iran. Getting rid of Iran's nuclear facilities will be a priority and this has been demonstrated in the past. Also they need to bulk up on defensive missiles to make sure any future retaliation by Iran is taken care of. Shooting down 300 missiles and drones was very impressive.
Iran ( who also attacked the Iraqi nuclear site before Israel destroyed it ) learned what happens if you don’t hide your nuke capability underground.

It’s too late to stop them.

How is this not “political”… I’d rather not comment if I’m gonna get ban hammered by participating in a political thread…

How is this not “political”… I’d rather not comment if I’m gonna get ban hammered by participating in a political thread…
You must be talking about my post.

If anyone thinks it political, I will delete it.

I am still going to take a pass on the Condos in Gaza ( consider that humour in response to the other post ). 🙂

I am still going to take a pass on the Condos in Gaza ( consider that humour in response to the other post ). 🙂
I didn't see your original post but yeah, I agree, I wouldn't want to be anywhere in that region no matter how nicely the rebuild is. Not on a ship, oil rig, bus, or high rise.

I would feel safer in Egypt though I would venture to say something happens, either political, economical, or physical to the Suez after the BG is completed. This is probably 20 + years out. I really do hope nothing happens, why can't we all just get along?

2024…..

I believe him.

I went through the article and deleted any political stuff in it.

Hopefully, this isn’t considered political by anyone.

It's about weapons capability.

It’s reality.

Israeli air force can't prevent Iran nuclear bomb, former PM says​

Ehud Olmert tells The National that Israel lacks military capability to penetrate Iranian bunkers​

Former Israeli PM Ehud Olmert. Thomas Harding / The National

Thomas Harding author image

Thomas Harding
Tel Aviv
Feb 22, 2024

Live updates: Follow the latest on Israel-Gaza
Israel’s air force cannot halt Iran’s nuclear programme with a military campaign because it lacks bombs and aircraft with sufficient range, the country’s former prime minister has told The National.
“Israel has no means to be able to destroy the nuclear programme of Iran,” Ehud Olmert said in an interview.

Former PM Ehud Olmert said 'Israel has no means to be able to destroy the nuclear programme of Iran'. EPA
Former PM Ehud Olmert said 'Israel has no means to be able to destroy the nuclear programme of Iran'. EPA

Nuclear Iran

Iran is understood to have enriched its uranium to 60 per cent, close to the 90 per cent required to make a nuclear bomb.
For many years Israel has threatened to destroy the Tehran regime’s nuclear facilities if they reached weapons grade.
But Mr Olmert, 78, told The National “this is not an option”, as the Israeli air force lacks the ability to penetrate the 60-metre mountain bunkers sheltering the nuclear plants.
“We can destroy their headquarters, important projects, railways, roads and airports,” said Mr Olmert. “Israel can do a lot to damage Iran's infrastructure but Israel has no means to be able to destroy the nuclear programme of Iran.”

Last edited:
I would most certainly believe this is disinformation to manufacture some consensus among the public that Israel is weak or too change the optics of the situation. This statement is blatant fodder for MSM / NPCs who believe everything in the news, no offense to anyone.

We are seeing a mini-war of public opinion here. A lot of these protests on college campuses are supposedly funded by Qatar (who harbors the leaders of Hamas), which is shipping pallets of identical supplies to these campuses and goading kids to go bonkers in the effort of highlighting Israel's actions.

Why would a former PM publicly state what they can or can't do militarily? Anyone in the know, especially on Iran's side, understands what is possible and can read through this weird statement, it's almost childish.

If anyone can pull this of it would be the IDF. Iran is an existential threat to the region, it is worthy of Manhattan project level efforts. Plus the victor gets all those juicy fossil fuels. Split the country up, have our boys do all the work / fighting / cleanup and then let war-profiteers (BlackRock) rake in the money. It's the usual recipe, that's just how the world works.

At the end of the day, this doesn't matter to me much, just my 2 cents and extremely uninformed civilian opinion / observation.

I hope to see the Pyramids before the place goes to crap and then I'm fine. We won't need fossil fuels that much anymore right? We'll all be driving electrics powers by sunshine. 😂

Last edited:
Would Iran use a nuke if they had it?
I think so. I've read somewhere, I can't find the source unfortunately, that Iran is fine with the destruction of Israel even if it means their own demise. They are suicidal jihadi maniacs just a step calmer than the some of the brainwashed Palestinians.

Just to explain the level of hatred in Gaza, there was a barber shop named "Hitler" and the children grow up watching anti-semitic cartoons. I once met a Palestinian refugee and had a short conversation with him. If you said the word Jew or Israel then they had an instantaneous almost autonomic negative reaction. The guy was alright otherwise and sure let his Islamic values slide when he made it to the states lol.

I think if Iran can be held off for a generation, then the old guard with it's crazy ideology will die off and this problem will subside. This applies to China and other regions. Maybe not Russia, being horrible is in their psyche. Social media will play a big part of this with the youngsters wanting to do what the west does.

I understand that most Iranian people are pretty normal and are tired of this crap. In the 60s the place looked like the US with women in bikinis on the beach and what appeared to be western values.

I think so. I've read somewhere, I can't find the source unfortunately, that Iran is fine with the destruction of Israel even if it means their own demise. They are suicidal jihadi maniacs just a step calmer than the some of the brainwashed Palestinians.

Just to explain the level of hatred in Gaza, there was a barber shop named "Hitler" and the children grow up watching anti-semitic cartoons. I once met a Palestinian refugee and had a short conversation with him. If you said the word Jew or Israel then they had an instantaneous almost autonomic negative reaction. The guy was alright otherwise and sure let his Islamic values slide when he made it to the states lol.

I think if Iran can be held off for a generation, then the old guard with it's crazy ideology will die off and this problem will subside. This applies to China and other regions. Maybe not Russia, being horrible is in their psyche. Social media will play a big part of this with the youngsters wanting to do what the west does.

I understand that most Iranian people are pretty normal and are tired of this crap. In the 60s the place looked like the US with women in bikinis on the beach and what appeared to be western values.
I don’t think Israel is weak and I would never underestimate their military but it’s a national security risk ( existential threat ) to allow an enemy to come this close to being able to destroy your entire country and not militarily destroy that capability like they did with Iraq when they were trying to do the same thing and Iraq never threatened to eradicate Israel like Iran has.

If you have the capability to destroy the nuclear program, why would you wait so long?

Remember, 3% of those Iranian drones, cruise missiles, and rockets made it through and that was with help from other countries.

Edit: and Iran gave them notice.

Last edited:
Not at all, I was surprised that the thread in the first place isn’t controversial to the moderation.

I used a word pronounced the same as a beavers home the other day and was reprimanded that it’s profanity and my post was removed…. Surprised politically loaded things like war and missiles and Iran/israel conflict isn’t considered off limits.
Tactics, military strategy and capabilities, aren't political, and interesting to discuss if we can all keep on that track.

I used a word pronounced the same as a beavers home the other day and was reprimanded that it’s profanity and my post was removed….
It's very inconsistent. The staff don't read every single post in every single thread and the word you refer to shouldn't flag the potty-mouth filter so another member might have reported it. 😂 If you used the version that ends in "n" though, it was probably caught (and staff notified).

By the way, whatever happened to the dam that Russia is accused of blowing up in Ukraine last year or so ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back