Rainy weather in Florida

I live in SWFLA Weather had shifted from typical Fl Wet season pattern of hi humidity hi temp regular rains to the Fl Dry season about end of September. It stays pretty dry until April or May.

case in point , we received .75 inches of rain from Oct 2 until Nov 14.

we receive 6 inches of rain yesterday.. Wow.

We're in strong El Nino phase which will strengthen the sub-tropical jet, making the southeast a main path for the storm track. Should have a wetter than usual winter as a result down there in FL.

I live in SWFLA Weather had shifted from typical Fl Wet season pattern of hi humidity hi temp regular rains to the Fl Dry season about end of September. It stays pretty dry until April or May.

Yeah we are vacationing in the Punta Gorda area and it was a wet one the last 24 hours. Looks to be clearing up today and for several days to come.

Just my $0.02

Yeah we are vacationing in the Punta Gorda area and it was a wet one the last 24 hours. Looks to be clearing up today and for several days to come.

Just my $0.02

so you are visiting Fat Point... yeah, its back to normal today... real nice out... generally good dry weather in FLA from November to April.

I lived in the greater Tampa Bay area for over 40 years until '20 and the weather can be crazy. Then I found out that the weather is just as crazy in New England.

How many feet of snow equal six inches of rain?
1700145046013.png

Central Illinois has been in drought for the last two years. But just enough rain when needed for the corn. I have my suspicions. Humidity has been a killer though during summer. Getting the snowblower out today to get ready for the season. Though it seldom gets used.

I lived in the greater Tampa Bay area for over 40 years until '20 and the weather can be crazy. Then I found out that the weather is just as crazy in New England.

How many feet of snow equal six inches of rain?
View attachment 188814
If you use a standard ratio of 10:1, meaning 10 inches of snow to one inch of rain, 5ft. But, that's a very loose and dirty way to calculate it as the ratios during a heavy snow event likely change as the event goes on, and then there is the compaction of snow under its own weight.

Only saw about 1/2 hour of sun in the last three days! Very unusual for here. Also been raining lightly, on and off for those same three days.
Today the rain is heavier.

If you use a standard ratio of 10:1, meaning 10 inches of snow to one inch of rain, 5ft. But, that's a very loose and dirty way to calculate it as the ratios during a heavy snow event likely change as the event goes on, and then there is the compaction of snow under its own weight.
Yep I always used 1” of rain was 1’ of snow. Again depends on if it’s powder or wet.

Just my $0.02

Back