Radiators - What To Buy / Not Buy (Long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was true years ago but today there are literally dozens of manufacturers around the world, most cheap ones are out of China.
Spectra made some high quality copper and brass units in Canada but they are scarce today, they have been replaced with aluminum/plastic from China or Mexico.

Modine still produces most GM and OE Delco replacement radiators, heater core and transmission coolers in the USA. The box store Delco are Mexico or China.

Originally Posted By: Trav
That was true years ago but today there are literally dozens of manufacturers around the world, most cheap ones are out of China.
Spectra made some high quality copper and brass units in Canada but they are scarce today, they have been replaced with aluminum/plastic from China or Mexico.

Modine still produces most GM and OE Delco replacement radiators, heater core and transmission coolers in the USA. The box store Delco are Mexico or China.

Not convinced. Those Chinese ones are spinoffs of the bigger well known companies. I doubt I could find a product anymore made in the USA. Canada and Mexico yes.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
Originally Posted By: Trav

Not convinced. Those Chinese ones are spinoffs of the bigger well known companies. I doubt I could find a product anymore made in the USA. Canada and Mexico yes.

I just bought a GM OE Delco last month made by Modine, made in USA and a OE Denso parts made in Japan and assembled in USA. Do your own research if you need convincing.

SAM_1496_zpssxawaqah.jpg

well call me cheap but the radiator is not that old. I would head to the junkyard and pick up the tank. Probably less than $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back