racing oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I set back and take you all in, thats how you learn ya know, But what I want to know is what is this fourm take on the Ford racing filter, and frams racing filter.
Reason I ask is my Jeep 4.0 takes Ford, and I am the guy that like to try different things once and awhile, as long as they dont screw things up. I looked at both filters and they seem to be very well built, the Fram racing filter , from what I see is so much better looking construction wise that there, run of the mill brand....what say ye gents?...thanx

I say you SHOULD NOT use a filter made for racing applications on a "normal" vehicle. So do the warnings on all the racing filter application packaging. "Ford Racing"branded filters are a different story.

posted 06-01-2005 08:30 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I assume the racing versions are built to stand up to higher burst pressures and perhaps they give up some small particle filtering capability for increased flow... am I right?"

To make it real simple. Racing filters provide more flow with a lot LESS filtering and yes they do have Higher burst pressure ratings.

They are NOT meant to be used on anything else except a RACING engine. They only prevent the "BIG PIECES" from circulating in the engine. Use of a racing filter on your wifes SUV, or your pride and joy, will nullify your warranty. DON'T do it.

DANGER WARNING!!! Use only on racing applications.

Get the message???

You put a Wix racing filter, or anyone elses racing filter on your new Viper, and it pukes it's guts all over the street, you bought it. Not Wix. Not Dodge, Not anyone else except YOU. Same goes for your old and cherished C-20, the filter manufacturer WILL NOT buy you a new engine. No matter how many tears you shed.

Let the Non-believers enter the fray.

Listen to Pete C., Mandrake. The racing filters are like Swiss cheese compared to a NAPA Gold/Wix or a PureOne ..etc.

If you had a bypass filter included in your system it would be okay ..but so would any other filter
dunno.gif

Your 4.0 doesn't have a high volume or high pressure situation going on there.

i have a whole case of the ford racing filters for the fl820 they are awesome!!!!!!!! filter at 99%@ 20u,many big inlet holes you have to see them to appreciate..they are the best filter i have ever seen...a very special synthetic media i think some kind of polymer...cost me 165 for the case of 12 i had my ford dealer order them for me.

"Ford Racing" filters are NOT true "race car" filters. They are a heavy duty filter for street use. The same specs can be had for less $$$ if you shop around.

Funny thing. The original Ford Lightning came from the factory with a Ford racing filter and the racing filter is specified as the preferred replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back