Racing filters

AFAIK, Fram’s racing filters are identical to the orange can - but with a thicker can and stiffer BPV.

AFAIK, Fram’s racing filters are identical to the orange can - but with a thicker can and stiffer BPV.
Fram's website says: "Low-restriction racing media designed for high oil flow." So I doubt it's the same media that's used in the EG orange can.

These are the fram racing hp4 filters that I use on 2 of my camaros. They flow better that all the other Fram filters, but filter the worst. 94% efficiency and 20 microns, which still isn't bad filtration compared to some other filters, Steel end caps and spiral center tube, and the can is also pretty thick compared to other Fram filters. They have a screen over bypass valve as well. Been using them for the past 4 years on my home built small block chevys.
MVIMG_20180922_220508.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180922_220446.jpg
    IMG_20180922_220446.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 28
Is the screen over the bypass equivalent to the screen over the oil pump pickup? Had to say it since I think its a gimmick unless you shred an oil pump which at that point the screen over bypass wouldn't be needed since the loss in oil flow would help with engine recycling.

Find me an orange can built with all these internal gasketed end caps

I like the Ford Racing filter. Forgot about those... more media and typical thick and heavy. Too bad not enough PN's to cover everybody.

Attachments

• framracing.jpg
    framracing.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 34
No, they have the same construction as the old Champ Labs filters like they made for M1 and K&N. It’s still like the RP construction too, just different media and the screen.

Is the screen over the bypass equivalent to the screen over the oil pump pickup? Had to say it since I think its a gimmick unless you shred an oil pump which at that point the screen over bypass wouldn't be needed since the loss in oil flow would help with engine recycling.

Find me an orange can built with all these internal gasketed end caps

I like the Ford Racing filter. Forgot about those... more media and typical thick and heavy. Too bad not enough PN's to cover everybody.
True
I really the Ford Racing 820 filter. It’s a very solid unit
Not sure why Ford doesn’t make a FL500 or a 400 in the Racing line up
The 5.0 motor and 2.0 motor are performance engines

Not sure why Ford doesn’t make a FL500 or a 400 in the Racing line up
The 5.0 motor and 2.0 motor are performance engines
Could most likely use the Ford Performance 820S filter where an FL500S is specified - but not FL400S (different threads IIRC).

Specs:

Thanks for reviving my old post....and the chart !👍

But your correct the 820 will fit where a 500 goes in a lot of cases. Not sure if a Fl-1a will fit on engines that spec a 910 or 400 filter.
The Fl-1a racing filter has the same thread pitch and gasket location just a fatter and longer filter

Back