RA price increase overnight

D60

I was looking at master cylinders for GM square bodies last night. I still had it called up and returned to the page this morning.....at some point Chrome arbitrarily refreshed (memory management on my phone I ASSume) and suddenly the price of every mc had jumped. Parts that were $27 to $29 were suddenly $40 to $41

Anyway, not surprising and nothing I can do about it, but if you're considering anything from RA and it hasn't already jumped, you might order now.

I have no way of knowing if this was site-wide or just certain makes or categories, or if it's a rolling increase alphabetically by make or or or....

Don't worry, it changes constantly.
I noticed the time of day and day of the week will cause variations in pricing.

If you have an order to make, sit tight and wait until later in the day/week.

Wow, I didn't know RA was now using a weird Amazon bot algorithm thing....

I just tried an incognito tab but same (higher) prices

I have a strategy where I put things I dont need right away into my cart and then let them sit there for a week or two. The price will sometimes go down

If its something I use on an ongoing basis and I find it at a reduced price I buy it. Luck favors the prepared.
I bought 2 qts of Mystic full syn gear oil the other day because the price was significantly lower than anyone else around, I didnt need it just then but its now sitting next to the 3 qts I already had.

Well I was still skeptical as I've simply never observed this behavior from RA, but sure enough this morning the mc I had been looking at which had jumped from $28.79 to $40.99 is back to $28.79

The irony is that increase caused me to look at Amazon and I ordered from there.

I guess they think increasing the price causes a sense of urgency? For me it just causes me to shop elsewhere (shrug)

edit: I'm glad I started the thread or I still would not have realized RA does this. Thanks BITOG!

I was also wondering about this. Had 2 window regulators in my shopping cart from a couple of days ago, and this morning they seemed more expensive. I had assumed that I remembered the price wrong. As it turns out, I ended up repairing the window motor and don't need at least one of the regulators now. Obligatory "I showed them".

I tend to believe Rockauto is a throughput venue with a fixed percentage markup and the wholesale supplier messes with the pricing.

Otherwise why would RA sometimes closeout a premium part for $3 while selling an economy version of a different brand for $10?

Advance would never let that happen-- they need their good, better, best tiering system.

Maybe there's a logistical reason to bump the price on that M/C.

Back