R.I.P. Hugh Hefner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Egg_Head
Like most people, I read Playboy just for the articles.

You too?
thumbsup2.gif
grin.gif

RIP HH.

I remember going to one of his clubs in Baltimore in the early 70's. Yes he will RIP. Why, well he's dead.

Yeah, love the articles...seriously. My Dad let me read Playboy since I was about 13 or so. Learned a lot about sex just from reading his articles. They were classy and not raunchy like Hustler or even Penthouse. Learned a lot about male hygiene and how to dress, jazz, football, baseball, cooking, etc.etc. At that time, there were no GQ type magazines for men. Always had looked forward to the new issue every month. Call it what you will, but it did have its place with men from the 60's and 70's.

I'm probably the only guy that DID read Playboy for the articles. While I didn't agree with much of his politics and philosophy, I found certain sections of the magazine entertaining, such as the interviews, jokes, cartoons, the Advisor, and an occasional article. I felt the $1.60 per issue was worth the hour of reading I got each month.

As for the air-brushed woman, I lost interest in them once they started getting younger than my daughter.

After 47 years of subscribing, I let my subscription expire when the new format eliminated most of my favorite sections last year.

Originally Posted By: Tom NJ
I'm probably the only guy that DID read Playboy for the articles. While I didn't agree with much of his politics and philosophy, I found certain sections of the magazine entertaining, such as the interviews, jokes, cartoons, the Advisor, and an occasional article. I felt the $1.60 per issue was worth the hour of reading I got each month.

And to think I used to trust your posts.

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver

Big middle finger to the "family values" christian conservative status quo at the time.
27.gif

I wonder how HH is feeling about that today? And from here on out...?

A Christmas subscription to Playboy by a friend did hasten my divorce my ex told me. Oh well, now im dating a girl that could have made any issue easily.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
HH was one of the "coolest" guys ever.

Now, he's dealing with the extreme opposite. Thats just the reality of it.

Careful who you judge!

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
A hero!!
Big middle finger to the "family values" christian conservative status quo at the time.
27.gif

I bet a lot of them are subscribers who kept them locked in their 2nd gun saves.

My HS English teacher (man) told one of us who ask if we can bring Playboy for class reading session and he did said the articles are OK. Only one kid dare to bring it in, only once. The stress of worrying girls thinking of him as a pervert is too high.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jcwit

Careful who you judge!

Don't you know it's one of the hypocritical traits of many of those who follow (Topic that shouldn't brought up in the first place!!!)?

Careful who you judge!

I don't judge at all. A much higher power judges. Take it up with Him.

Originally Posted By: Toy4x4

Don't you know it's one of the hypocritical traits of many of those who follow (Topic that shouldn't brought up in the first place!!!)?

So commentary on one side of an issue is OK, but the other side is off limits? 100% Hypocritical.

Careful who you judge!

I don't judge at all. A much higher power judges. Take it up with Him.

So he told you what his call is already ?

You must be well connected...or you are judging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back