Quoted $120/gal for Kubota SUDT2

I went to the dealer where I bought my Kubota L3800 with the intention of picking up 7.5 gallons of Super UDT2 because it’s getting close to replacement time and oil isn’t getting any cheaper. The parts guy quoted me $120 a gallon. I verified that was the price and he said yes again.

I went to a different dealer an hour away and paid $206 total for 7.5 gallons. I still haven’t figured out what was up with my original dealer. Crazy!

Too bad there isn't a suitable aftermarket substitute which meets the specs at a lower price. I would be having sticker shock even at $206 for 7.5 gals..

You should let your fingers do the walking next time before purchasing and save yourself some gas and time.

Too bad there isn't a suitable aftermarket substitute which meets the specs at a lower price. I would be having sticker shock even at $206 for 7.5 gals..

You should let your fingers do the walking next time before purchasing and save yourself some gas and time.
I’ve heard too many reports of people having problems with substitutes to try and cheap out. I didn’t really waste any gas because I was in town anyway. I definitely did call around before buying however. $206 is a lot but I’ll never put enough hours on it to ever need another change.

$206 for 8 gallons sounds good I've had messicks ship me a gallon with an order before. I'm due for a full change on my L4701 and it takes 10 gallons. Mine's a 2015 with 250hrs and still on original fluid..

$206 for 8 gallons sounds good I've had messicks ship me a gallon with an order before. I'm due for a full change on my L4701 and it takes 10 gallons. Mine's a 2015 with 250hrs and still on original fluid..

Messick’s price was similar to what I paid but the $80 shipping charge soured the deal.

I’m guessing he mistook it for a 5 gallon pale.

I haven’t priced it lately, but it was $22.xx few years ago.

Messick’s price was similar to what I paid but the $80 shipping charge soured the deal.
Yeah I figured it would be high for that much. I was just buying a gallon when I was getting a bunch of other filters and stuff and it didn't raise the shipping cost any further than it would have been..

It is supposedly a syn fluid.
It’s not.

It’s more shear stable then normal J20C products. Also has a different additive package for wet brakes, anti chatter, etc.

Powertran XP and Hyken 052 plus are both super udt2 approved.

I don't put a lot of hours on my '18 either. The owners manual says every 200 hours but doesn't mention a time limit so I'm planning on changing original fill at 5 years next summer and it will probably only have around 120 hours by then.

prices surely vary from stealer to stealer $$$$! someone blends these lubes + NOT the manufacturer!!! like cheaply made citgo lubes branded as screamin chicken $$$$!!

My local Kubota spot told me they never change the fluid, just the filters and top off. Guy cited a machine with 6500 hrs, with the original fluid.

I wonder if he misstated a 5 gallon pail, for one gallon?

Good while back, I drained the tank out of one of my machines, 15 gallons......to change the suction filter on the bottom or the tank. $700 bucks later..........I am told they never drain the tank, just put on a large plasticarm cover type glove.

Super S has a substitute for UDT, but not Super UDT

My local Kubota spot told me they never change the fluid, just the filters and top off. Guy cited a machine with 6500 hrs, with the original fluid.

Good while back, I drained the tank out of one of my machines, 15 gallons......to change the suction filter on the bottom or the tank. $700 bucks later..........I am told they never drain the tank, just put on a large plasticarm cover type glove.

I believe service manuals over word of mouth.

This is exactly why I work on my Kubotas and don’t let the dealer touch them. It’s bad enough they assembled them for me. Wish I could’ve had the crates delivered to my house. Lol

This is exactly why I work on my Kubotas and don’t let the dealer touch them. It’s bad enough they assembled them for me. Wish I could’ve had the crates delivered to my house. Lol
Well, 6500 is a bunch of hours on the same fluid. Still going strong.

Back