Questions on 07 Accord front bumper replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjk

Hello,

I am hoping to get some information. I have an 07 Accord sedan, with a cracked front bumper (in several places). I know the price of replacement at local shops, but wanted to inquire about this site. Before I paste it in here, this was a thread that was put out here several months ago, where I kept the website saved

Front bumper

Just being honest, I am not having a shop do it, given the price and age of vehicle. I am seeking some input on this product, from people who have used it. I have someone to install it, when I decide to order this. Also, I am assuming the CAPA certified product comes closer to OEM standards ?

All input is appreciated.

Yes get a CAPA bumper cover and buy it pre-painted from that company or ebay. I never bought one pre-painted but have read about very good results and it's cost effective. I had an 07 Accord sedan myself, bought it brand new from a local dealer and it was an awesome car. Had the 3.5 V6 and was the EXL with a sunroof.

If you aren't looking to put much money into the car, you're better off going to a site like Car-Part and finding a used OEM bumper in the correct color. No aftermarket bumper will fit like OEM, CAPA or otherwise. Swapping a bumper cover on an Accord is MAYBE a 45 minute job, so that's the easy part.

This is the exact reason that I specified only OEM parts on my Chevy when the insurance company fixed it. Nothing fits like OEM.

EDIT: I stand corrected. A quick search shows nothing available. I never thought they would be that desirable.

That being said, a CAPA painted piece would be a close second.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by joekingcorvette
Yes get a CAPA bumper cover and buy it pre-painted from that company or ebay. I never bought one pre-painted but have read about very good results and it's cost effective. I had an 07 Accord sedan myself, bought it brand new from a local dealer and it was an awesome car. Had the 3.5 V6 and was the EXL with a sunroof.

2003-2007 Accords equipped with the V6 had the J30 (3.0). 2008-2012 V6 models got the 3.5.

A few years ago I bought a non-capa, painted, rear bumper cover from ebay to fit a 2006 Accord. The silver color matched pretty good for a 170,000 mile car and it fit fine. They had better prices than the site in the above link.

It may be hard to find a used front OEM cover that doesn't need any paint work.

Originally Posted by gregk24

2003-2007 Accords equipped with the V6 had the J30 (3.0). 2008-2012 V6 models got the 3.5.

Your right gregk24. I sold that car over 3 years ago and forgot what engine it had. That thing had a lot of power for a 3.0 and was very trouble free.

Was going to say, the 3.0 was in the 7th gen accords. I put a clear 3M bra on my 06, it has since cracked and turned yellow. Looks nasty. I'm in the same boat. Now I'm giving the car to the daughter and she has mentioned that it would be nice to fix that. Local body shop quoted something around 500 dollars to take it off, scrape the clear stuff off, sand, repaint, re-install. I'm like....No. My son and I took of the front bumper cover to get to the headlights and that was a PITA to remove. Was careful not to break those expensive retainer clips, but some did break. That website showed the front bumper cover painted for around 250-ish...that's not bad. One thing to keep in mind though, CAPA or not, you're always taking a chance with the fit. Nothing fits like OEM.

Look at this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Painted-To-Match-Front-Bumper-Cover-For-2006-2007-Honda-Accord-Sedan-4-door/321135018158?fits=Year%3A2006%7CModel%3AAccord%7CMake%3AHonda&epid=1222225565&hash=item4ac52380ae:g:d-EAAOSwLr1cQkId

Hey all,

Appreciate the input. Talked to someone today in the industry, and he echoed getting the CAPA version....

Originally Posted by gregk24

Your right gregk24. I sold that car over 3 years ago and forgot what engine it had. That thing had a lot of power for a 3.0 and was very trouble free.

Nice, smooth power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back