Replacing front bumper DIY or shop? - '04 Mazda pickup

So my '04 Mazda B3000 (Ford Ranger) front bumper is rusting out as they are known to do, but is is starting to truly disintegrate even with a gentle nudge.

/s I'm well aware that the problem will simply go away if I just stop nudging it with my boot and poking it with my finger, but I'm thinking of going overboard and replacing it. \s

Aftermarket replacements seem easy to find for a couple hundred bucks, but my question is whether this is a simple DIY project or should I avoid some unseen horror associated with this job? I don't have a lot of time, space, or more than a fairly basic set of tools. So if this is a multi-day job, a job requiring more than a driveway's worth of space, or special tools I' probably be better off outsourcing this. I haven't found any videos with my truck's specific frame and I'm worried it might be more complicated than it seems at first glance.

Anyone have any experience replacing one of these bumpers? It is supposedly a fairly universal issue with these trucks once they reach a certain age, so I'm surprised I couldn't' find anything online, but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.

I have not done this very job, but with some decent tools, like a cordless impact, and a friend, this cannot be too difficult.
Good luck.

So my '04 Mazda B3000 (Ford Ranger) front bumper is rusting out as they are known to do, but is is starting to truly disintegrate even with a gentle nudge.

/s I'm well aware that the problem will simply go away if I just stop nudging it with my boot and poking it with my finger, but I'm thinking of going overboard and replacing it. \s

Aftermarket replacements seem easy to find for a couple hundred bucks, but my question is whether this is a simple DIY project or should I avoid some unseen horror associated with this job? I don't have a lot of time, space, or more than a fairly basic set of tools. So if this is a multi-day job, a job requiring more than a driveway's worth of space, or special tools I' probably be better off outsourcing this. I haven't found any videos with my truck's specific frame and I'm worried it might be more complicated than it seems at first glance.

Anyone have any experience replacing one of these bumpers? It is supposedly a fairly universal issue with these trucks once they reach a certain age, so I'm surprised I couldn't' find anything online, but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.
This should be an easy DIY "nut and bolt" kind of job. But, if the bumper is that rusty you can be sure that the mounting nuts and bolts will also be rusty and difficult (or impossible) to remove without having an air compressor and cutoff tool (or cutting torch).

This should be an easy DIY "nut and bolt" kind of job. But, if the bumper is that rusty you can be sure that the mounting nuts and bolts will also be rusty and difficult (or impossible) to remove without having an air compressor and cutoff tool (or cutting torch).
Give me a long enough lever and and I will lift the world. But yes, noted and thank you. I'll take a look and see what kind of shape those mounts are in before I commit myself.

When someone pulled out in front of my Ford Ranger (same truck, different badge). It took me all of five minutes to remove the four nuts from the studs and set the bumper in the bed, but we don't have rust issues here.

Not familiar with this vehicle, but bumpers are normally easy. Now locally sourcing Stainless Steel replacement hardware to replace the rusted nuts and bolts might be an issue.

+1 - start soaking with PB Blaster now.

Have torch ready. Protect eyes. Lots of crap will come off the bumper if you use an impact wrench.

Back