Question on Griot's oil extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using the oil extractor as we speak and is it me or is this thing extremely slow? It seems like molasses coming out of there. Also, I pumped it a few times and I am not sure if this PUSHES pressure into the engine or just pressurizes the system, or rather, creates a vacuum, w/o pushing pressure onto the seals ans so forth? Is that how it works? Can pumping a few extra times to try to get a flow cause any strain on the seals?

It allegedly works off vacuum. Did you run the engine to thin the oil? Once the fluid is going into the container, it's supposed to be automatic. I assume that it's sitting on the ground and then works off of siphon at that point.
dunno.gif

but let's take a hike to Auto Gen and OT.
wink.gif

[ June 18, 2005, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Gary Allan ]

It works off of vacuum in the jar. Feel free to pump it up so the oil keeps flowing. The only weak points are the seal at the rubber stopper on top and if you use the extension.

I'm guessing getting the engine hot and removing the oil filler cap is the only prep work you need to do. The tube is sucking on the oil and not the seals if you remove the filler cap.

Steve

As stated, get the oil warm. I've been using one for about 5 years now (LOVE it) but the oil has to be somewhat warm to flow well. I tried it one time on a dead-cold engine and was like the kid watching the ketchup come out of the bottle. Ran the around the block a few times. Much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back