Question for the iPhone gurus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I have searched extensively online before posting here. I figured the brain trust of BITOG would be the first place I ask this, out of all of the forums I frequent.

I am not too tech-savvy and am issued an iPhone 4S for work. We don't get a manual with it, just the phone, charger, and a wish of luck!

What I want to know is how to delete an "icon" style bookmark. Not bookmarks from the regular plain text "bookmarks" page.

It seems that when the regular bookmarks filled up (50 or so) on my phone, they began being saved as icons/thumbnails on a separate page, that I can not figure out how to edit. I saved them normally as I had the first bunch of bookmarks on the phone, but they just began loading onto a new page as visual icons rather than just the text name of the page (as the original bookmarks list is).

To explain what I mean, when I first open up Safari, I am presented with a screen showing tiled small icons representing different bookmarks. Alternately, this same "bookmark icon" page can be viewed if you double tap the address bar while viewing a website.

Any suggestions appreciated, thank you!

I have well over 50 bookmarks saved in my Safari, although I use an extensive set of folders and sub-folders to organize it all. I believe that the most you can save in the parent/primary bookmarks folder is 50 unless you make folders in which you can store more.

You can make bookmarks to be icons for easy access, i.e. an icon on the desktop rather than getting to it via safari.

I forget how to add them that way, but I would think they would delete like anything else. Press on it and hold your finger down on it for a few seconds. When it starts to jiggle hit the x in the top corner.

Originally Posted By: TrevorS
They are in your favorites folder under bookmarks

Go to Bookmarks > Favorites. Then hit Edit in bottom right

Perfect, thank you, that worked!!!

smile.gif

No problem. I saw the change when moving to iOS7 and was confused myself about it till I figured it out. It's a nice feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back